Climbing pics and stories requested - CNN

Mr_Phil

http://www.cnn.com/exchange/ireports/topics/forms/2006/12/mount.hood.html

Are you a climber? We want to see photos and videos of the peaks you've scaled, especially Mount Hood, and hear why you did it. Did you narrowly escape trouble or have a problem-free adventure?

Some of what you send may be shared on "Anderson Cooper 360."

Might be an opportunity to get some positive climbing PR spin in.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cnn.com/exchange/ireports/topics/forms/2006/12/mount.hood.html

Are you a climber? We want to see photos and videos of the peaks you've scaled, especially Mount Hood, and hear why you did it. Did you narrowly escape trouble or have a problem-free adventure?

Some of what you send may be shared on "Anderson Cooper 360."

Might be an opportunity to get some positive climbing PR spin in.

After this entire media circus have you not learned this 1 irrefutable fact: ie, that the media will use whatever you send them to back up what they have already decided to print. They have a slant and will use your stuff to support it.

So my thoughts are thusly:

FUCK THEM

Bill, you should have more faith in the media to report accurate unbiased information. What about these guys?

75gupdate1.jpg

Those guys were a lot closer to the truth anyway Landshark. More entertaining as well.

plumber ......Who? Who's there?.......... plumber

There's nothing wrong with my plumbing, and I didn't call a plumber.

Candygram..........

My brother works for an organization where he gets calls not infrequently from various media. They will ask him to comment on something: lets say question "A".

He responds with the truth - which may be response "B"

Later he learns that 5 other people in his office also got the same call from the same reporter and gave that reporter the same response, which was the truth: ie response "B".

However, the 6th person may have put a slight twist on the answer, or perhaps there really was never a 6th person called, but when the story is published it is - as if from total left field, response "Q". Response "B", which is the truth and what multiple experts have said, never gets mentioned. By way of justification for response "Q", they also print "quoting an unnamed source".

Everybody who was asked what the truth was goes.... WTF? Where did that lie come from?

Other trick, they will send a detailed Public Relations piece to the local newspaper.

Fish Wrapper puts a byline on it along with a single sentence at the start which reads: "This paper has learned......" then the public relations piece is published in it's entirety.

Like they just finished a 3 year investigation instead of the honest to God truth which is really and truly "We found this unsolicited PR piece in an envelope in our mailbox this morning and in an attempt to fill the paper up have decided to run it without changing a line or confirming a word." Oh, we will add our byline and the sentence "This paper has learned" to the start of it.

You'd never know it by reading the piece. End of that rant.

So, what is all the talk about Presidential Erections since Hillarys running: have a nice day Emily Latilla.

I was thinking of skinning up to illumination rock next weekend, and setting up a whole bunch of rap anchors in the snow. Most likely they will all be in a "Y" shape. I would take about six hundred pictures of them from various angles and then E-mail Anderson... Perhaps he will pay me to "profesionally guide" him up the "hogsback"...

If he bites, I'll makes sure that we insert as many "Y" shaped anchors as posible....

Does this sound feasable??

I was thinking of skinning up to illumination rock next weekend, and setting up a whole bunch of rap anchors in the snow. Most likely they will all be in a "Y" shape. I would take about six hundred pictures of them from various angles and then E-mail Anderson... Perhaps he will pay me to "profesionally guide" him up the "hogsback"...

If he bites, I'll makes sure that we insert as many "Y" shaped anchors as posible....

How bout setting them up in an "N" configuration meaning "nope not here!"

Does this sound feasable??