Climber's Banned from Climbing

texplorer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18adco_xlarge1.jpg

First Will Gadd said no heel spurs, now no synthetic materials, next thing you know he'll say my new Black Diamond Woodclaw Icetool is cheating.

This dude is not left-handed. He clearly lost his other arm in a horrible and ugly failed self-arrest accident in which his partners and his right arm perished. Luckily the rest of his body survived. His arm has yet to be located, prompting caveman speculators to call for new laws requiring PLB's for each separate limb.

I don't know.... is it really that bad of an idea to close the mountains down when the weather looks bad?

Great idea!! Perhaps we could extend that to closing down mountains that are too steep or too high or that are so remote as to make rapid rescue difficult. Maybe we could close anything down that has crevasses or that has sufficient slope to create a potential for avalanche! After all, every climber has an equal ability, right? So obviously mountains or conditions that are not "safe" for novices aren't safe for anyone.

Sorry... I've been working hard to control psychotic outbursts of spittle-flying rage when posting to this site because of my "barely a n00b status" here but any time someone states that it is a good idea to legislate when or what mountains can be climbed or by whom they should be climbed, I feel society has an immediate overwhelming need to destroy them.

Perhaps a better way to promote responsible climbing would be to have each climber sign a form that states in big bold letters "I understand I can die here" before every climb no matter whether it is Ranier or the Middle Sister... that is the reality of climbing.

Bill O'Reilly stated on his Fox show that he thinks climbers should be banned from climbing or going up on mountains when weather is or could be bad. WTF? He likened it when there are rip tides at the beach. Furthermore he recommended that signs be put up on roads or on the mountain prohibiting climbers from climbing when "bad condtions" exist.

It's one thing to promote the slaughter in iraq but this is personal. O'Reilly should stick to being "fair and balanced" about politics and democrat bashing.

O'rilley gets boring. Same spin over and over again. And who is the alien sitting next to him?

Fox does have some good newstainment, but I generally get my news as raw as possible before the fucks network decides what is fair and processes it to a predetermined "balanced" state and feeds it to me like coke and doritos (not the baked kind) at the minimart of the local petrol dispensary. Chevron...yummmy.

I guess the point is that they are pretty good at getting people to buy stuff while watching an editorial mudfight. Those advertisers are paying top dollar to fox for that.

O'riley has no clue what bad weather is and he has never meddled in this sport, to anyone's knowledge. So he's only talking shit about something he does not know to even dumber, and fatter, people who know even less about climbing. Let's hope that we don't end up with a "tax" in the form of higer fee's, mandatory insurance, firstborn security deposit, etc... that only mountain users pay.

I don't know.... is it really that bad of an idea to close the mountains down when the weather looks bad?

Starting 1, January 2007 the rangers will be frisking all climers for firearms. There has been some "chatter" that climbers are more prone to suicide. In an effort to reduce deaths, the rangers will be frisking all climbers at mountain trailheads for firearms between the hours of 10:00AM to 2:00PM M-F. Please note that frisking will be on a co-ed basis. All weapons confiscated will not be returned and you will need to pay for this.

Have a good day.

Edited by Clavote

Starting 1, January 2007 the rangers will be frisking all climers for firearms. There has been some "chatter" that climbers are more prone to suicide. In an effort to reduce deaths, the rangers will be frisking all climbers at mountain trailheads for firearms between the hours of 10:00AM to 2:00PM M-F. Please note that frisking will be on a co-ed basis. All weapons confiscated will not be returned and you will need to pay for this.

Have a good day.

The chatter is correct. Anyone who climbs Mt. Hood without an MLU is definitely suicidal.

It sure is a shame the three climbers hated life so much they chose to commit suicide in that manner.

Have a good day.

I've occasionally wanted to pack a firearm, but NOLS parties are such slow, easy targets.

Starting 1, January 2007 the rangers will be frisking all climers for firearms.

Have a good day.

. Anyone who climbs without an MLU is a climber

phil , the one trick pony is back flogging that 2 cent shinny horse .pstfu

I can teach you how to send a virus.

You shouldn't do it, but just knowing how will make you feel better.

Thank you so much for your kind offer but I'm afraid that once I started I wouldn't be able to stop until the computers of all the ignorant ones were cold an dead...

P.S. can you set me up with Muffy???

Edited by niyol