Climber's Banned from Climbing

texplorer

Bill O'Reilly stated on his Fox show that he thinks climbers should be banned from climbing or going up on mountains when weather is or could be bad. WTF? He likened it when there are rip tides at the beach. Furthermore he recommended that signs be put up on roads or on the mountain prohibiting climbers from climbing when "bad condtions" exist.

It's one thing to promote the slaughter in iraq but this is personal. O'Reilly should stick to being "fair and balanced" about politics and democrat bashing.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think O'Reilly has a point, but the problem is that it is hard to predict weather in the mountains. If climbing was banned altogather though, there would be no problem. A few days ago I was walking down the street when it was windy outside, and I realised that the trees were swaying in the wind. I have seen trees fall on stuff on TV, so I knew that I was lucky to have made it home alive. This deadly situation could have been avoided by staying inside.

I, for one, am going to build a home underground where I can live forever without having to fear all of those things that above ground people must. Vertical limit will calm my desires to climb, and O'Reilly will be my savior.

A few days ago I was walking down the street when it was windy outside, and I realised that the trees were swaying in the wind. I have seen trees fall on stuff on TV, so I knew that I was lucky to have made it home alive. This deadly situation could have been avoided by staying inside.

xsept, like 3-4 people died from trees falling onto their homes when they were "inside"

Bill O'Reilly stated on his Fox show that he thinks climbers should be banned from climbing or going up on mountains when weather is or could be bad.

It's not just that worthless piece o' crap O'Reilly. There was an online poll on kgw.com (Portland TV station) today asking essentially the same question. I'm disappointed to report that at the time I checked, 73% of the poll participants agreed with O'Reilly. F'ing pathetic.

I worry that people with influence and control over access will see these numbers and feel the need to act accordingly.

Funny how Kevbone and Pink, who used to be sort of irritating, now seem like blessed members of the fold, eh?

Does this comment call for....thanks? If so thanks. But don’t let ones post be irritating. If you do this….then you and Bill O’Reilly need to get together and go bowling.