Thomas

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

....maybe.... who's asking?

I know the Chilliwack Outdoors Club hiked up there last year or so for a look see but most of them (this is hearsay) cant tie their own shoelaces let alone a figure-8 knot.

Its good rock anyways. maybe a bit bushy in spots and talus approach of death.

I know Greg Foweraker did some routes on the big cliff right above the outlet of Lindeman Lake. And I have never seen the wet streaks on that cliff freeze up frown.gif" border="0 but i have never been there when it was really cold either grin.gif" border="0 .

We were up there yesterday. Tried to approach from Lindeman lake, but the snow in the Avi chutes had a 1 inch crust on top of unconsolidated "ball bearings" (for lack of a better description), so we bailed 3/4 of the way up the slope. In November we approached via the Flora Lake trail, much easier and faster, esp. w/ skis.

Do you know if they've been climbed at all?

As for the big cliff at the outlet of lindeman, the wet streaks had significant ice smears at the top, but the bottom 1/2 of the cliff was still ice free. That cliff is steep!

who is "we"? how come you came all the way from port alice to scope something that is on my list of "things to investigate and maybe climb"? they look that good but there is better stuff in the tsitika which should be closer to home for you anyways?

Easy Dru, not trying to score any of your FA's.

I'm in the Forest industry, and as result of the American aggression against my trade, I've been laid off for the last month, so I've been climbing.

"We" are a couple of guys from Surrey. I've met you before through the VOC. I went to school with Mike Guite, whom I think you know.

So, I guess as far as you know they haven't been climbed, YET!

Thats pretty correct except I heard they might have been climbed sort of 4th hand. i guess when we/you top out we/you will see if there is a cairn or not! If you get therre first you are required to name individuial spires with "post" names cause they are near Post Creek - eg. Canada post, Last Post, National Post, Express Post, Post modern etc.

You aren't Thomas Kutter by any chance are ya?

Guys from surrey (whew) relief.. I was worried there for a minute wink.gif" border="0