Another Mt Hood Stupid Comment

Weekend_Climberz

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ya'll I just want you to know that I have learned something here on this site today...

From now on no matter what I climb, winter or summer, I will always carry the following:

three ice tools and an axe, spare picks and bolts (two for each tool), three ropes, two extra gallons of fuel, spare food for two weeks, two stoves per person minimum, A tent, bivy bag, space blanket, signal mirror, two cell phones, 2 spare batteries for each, a HAM radio, an auxilarry antennea for the HAM, spare batteries for this, a GPS, a PLB, a family radio, a whistle, dry logs and an axe, matches, lighters, flints, lighter fluid, heat packs, spare clothes...good God many, my personal favorite a not yet invented indelible mountain marking device that will explode bright color around the spot where I am (telepthically controlled of course), and Toblerone

I just had to vent...it was that or I was going to gouge my eyes out

peace

WTF - no 105mm cannons (to take care of the avi danger)?

Shini gami say....

Going to bed.

I'm a Troll? I searched, and this means I am an uneducated lurker.

I grew up in a spot so remote, we had a Scout Camp on my Farm.

I would go out with what I could carry for a month at a time over summer breaks. We'd have to look for squirrels and rabbits to eat (Hard to find in the wild, but not in the suburbs).

I've even made Turtle soup many times, and eaten Brain sandwhiches more than I'd want to admit. GroundHog and Raccoon are the worst, too much fat and Grease. I called it at Possum, I won't eat that stupid ass tree climber.

I do live to eat acorns, but you have to leach(soak) them in water for a wek first, as they have tanic acid that will shut down your digestive system.

I LOVED going out in snow waist deep, and building a snow cave to sleep in. We used to build a fire, get the snow to start to melt, then put it out to freeze into an ice dome on the first night.

I did this all the time from grade school, thru high school, and kept doing this thru college. Started doing again as a father of 2 boy scouts now living in the subburbs.

So F!ck you if you think I'm a poser. I've made more than my fair share of traps, and gutted and skinned and preserved plenty of pelts. Pour that salt down the RacoonTail.

I also used to turn in the Groundhogs ears for 50 cents. I bought another box of 50 .22 shells with that 50 cents for the bounty every week.

If I hadn't met and married my wife, and had my 2 boys, I'd hang all the time above the treeline.

Have fun with this one boys and girls!!!

Man, they need to purge recent forum memberships and lock down most of those ip addresses after this circus. This has been the online equivalent of a dirty bomb - an explosion of contagious cluelessness.

Absolutely right.

Welcome back, Joseph. How was Beacon?

Shini gami say....

I would go out with what I could carry for a month at a time over summer breaks. We'd have to look for squirrels and rabbits to eat (Hard to find in the wild, but not in the suburbs).

I've even made Turtle soup many times, and eaten Brain sandwhiches more than I'd want to admit. GroundHog and Raccoon are the worst, too much fat and Grease. I called it at Possum, I won't eat that stupid ass tree climber.

Pour that salt down the RacoonTail.

Wow! With the table menu of this guy, I feel really unsafe around here as an alpine herbivore. Later dudes...

Hey, climbers. First, this is a funny place, so I won't be PC, either. Have ya ever thought that this is a window into the "climber's world" where many have never looked? I live very near a great rock formation--Oak Creek in the Naches Ranger District, not back country, but a lot of climbers train there, it seems. I have to tell you, that I will think differently about those people after glimpsing the extremely rude community here. I have never seen so many people looking down on others. I am sure we will all leave. Why would we hang around with all the "when will they leave" comments? Flame me all you want; it wouldn't have taken that much to be nice to VISITORS.

As for running down SAR.........tasteless. I hope if they ever come to haul your asses of the hill, that you remember all the comments here. Maybe they don't climb as well as you all, but they are generous with their time----I jam with one SAR guy every week and he misses a lot of jams due to mountain rescues. I hope if they read the comments here, that they consider the source.

Hey, climbers. First, this is a funny place, so I won't be PC, either. Have ya ever thought that this is a window into the "climber's world" where many have never looked? I live very near a great rock formation--Oak Creek in the Naches Ranger District, not back country, but a lot of climbers train there, it seems. I have to tell you, that I will think differently about those people after glimpsing the extremely rude community here. I have never seen so many people looking down on others. I am sure we will all leave. Why would we hang around with all the "when will they leave" comments? Flame me all you want; it wouldn't have taken that much to be nice to VISITORS.

As for running down SAR.........tasteless. I hope if they ever come to haul your asses of the hill, that you remember all the comments here. Maybe they don't climb as well as you all, but they are generous with their time----I jam with one SAR guy every week and he misses a lot of jams due to mountain rescues. I hope if they read the comments here, that they consider the source.

The board is a lot like the real world in that way. Plenty of great people, and plenty of dicks too. It's nice to sort out who you wouldn't mind doing an extended backcountry trip with online before you are stuck in a snow cave with a Donghead who yammers crap 24/7.

Welcome to the board.

The board is a lot like the real world in that way. Plenty of great people, and plenty of dicks too. It's nice to sort out who you wouldn't mind doing an extended backcountry trip with online before you are stuck in a snow cave with a Donghead who yammers crap 24/7.

Welcome to the board.

If only the missing climbers had learned to tilt their photos 90 degrees like billchoad... they would have been able to slide down right off the mountain, right :rolleyes:

If only the missing climbers had learned to tilt their photos 90 degrees like billchoad... they would have been able to slide down right off the mountain, right :rolleyes:

Sigh, ya see how that works Woodsgirl, on cue and with lightspeed G-spotter shows up and needs an ass kicking. :grin:

At least he left the picture of the sheep out this time! :blush: