Another Mt Hood Stupid Comment

Weekend_Climberz

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread went south about three days ago, who the fuck are those people? Why do people go over the same thing over and over again regurgitating news from places like fox. Now that they have found this site do you think that they will stay? There is even god people out there...fuuuuck..........spare me.

Please god make them go away

We may pick up a few new regulars, but I'm guessing most will move on once the situation is resolved. Climbing just isn't that interesting if you're not involved in it, and once there's no need to be so considerate of the friends and family of the missing, folks here will not be so tolerant of louts prattling on about MLUs and such. "That" thread is sort of an anomalous thing that's merely hosted here, with some very good and patient input from a number of regulars. A big thanks to all of you folks who've been so helpful and polite.

On another tack, there has also been great rebuttal to a number of wacked out suggestions and off base spray from the ill informed, not just with regard to silly magic beacons, but rescue costs, procedures, and the undesirability of more government regulation in climbing.

We may pick up a few new regulars, but I'm guessing most will move on once the situation is resolved.

I certainly hope so. At one point late this afternoon, I saw that there were 19 people viewing the main Climber's forum. 2 were viewing Rock Climbing, 4 were checking out the Freshiezone, and 516 were viewing the Oregon forum!!! I'm pretty impressed that the hosting servers and software held up to the steady load, especially so recently after a major update.

I just found this part of the website.

I've been reading your forums on cascades for a long while now.

Thanks for the really great information too.

I registered some time ago, way after starting to read it for mountain information. However, I have never posted and today was the first time I have participated beyond reading.

I've stuck to the basic forums and stuff and never dug deeper.

I'm impressed with this part and very relieved that the people posting over there are not representative of the regulars. I had no idea that this part was freer.

I had not idea this was even being discussed here until I saw, by chance, that thread while looking for some conditions reports on this site, as I normally do quite often.

I think I'll be more regular if the religion Q decreases.

No offense to those of you with religion.

check this shit out...is this a troll by dru or WTF!

I've been following this, and I seem to get the idea, they were not prepared. Prepared to climb, not prepared to be there for any length of time. I've only heard mention of a Gortex Bivy bag. Was this the ECWS system, and were they carrying the other parts. Did they have stoves, fuel, MREs, tent or even reflective mirrors.

A gortex bivy is great without a tent in a snow cave. I always carry 2 to 4 bottles of fuel, even on 2 day outing, just in case. I have a MSR stove, and also a small German stove, about the size of a can of shoe polish. I also carry a can of shoe polish, as easy to light. And several small plastic boxes sealed with firestarter, waterproof matches, Trioxane, and a keyring, with a tiny led light, fingernail cutters and a P-38 can opener. One box on my belt, one on my vest, and 1 in my pack.

A MRE in my belt pouch, 1 or 2 in my day pack, and 1 or 2 in my full pack. They all have Matches, Food, Toilet paper(Emergency kindleing) and other essentials.

If I'm hiking a trail, even if I'm going 1 mile, I carry all this stuff. I also keep this pack in the back of my Van.

I hope these guys are OK, but you also need to be preparred for the worst. Mt. Hood isn't a walk thru a wooded trail in the summer.

Yeah, I got 60 lbs of extra crap in my pack, but I'd rather have the extra work lugging it around, then not have it when I needed it.

And when you start leaving rope, and especially a Bivy bag behind, it's looking bad.

Again, my prayers to the climbers and family. And next time you're going out, don't throw that second canister of fuel back into your vehicle to lighten your load by 2 lbs.

And this sounds decidedly like the more subtle LEB/drkodos virus.

I just found this part of the website.

I've been reading your forums on cascades for a long while now.

Thanks for the really great information too.

I registered some time ago, way after starting to read it for mountain information. However, I have never posted and today was the first time I have participated beyond reading.

I've stuck to the basic forums and stuff and never dug deeper.

I'm impressed with this part and very relieved that the people posting over there are not representative of the regulars. I had no idea that this part was freer.

I had not idea this was even being discussed here until I saw, by chance, that thread while looking for some conditions reports on this site, as I normally do quite often.

I think I'll be more regular if the religion Q decreases.

No offense to those of you with religion.

I'm sorry that us new people treaded into your climbing country club with muddy golf shoes on. We'll clean up after ourselves and leave the place as we found it when everything is over. So much for trying to find some good information, share some good vibes, and have a place to convene on the net to relate to others about a grave situation.

Hi ya'll I just want you to know that I have learned something here on this site today...

From now on no matter what I climb, winter or summer, I will always carry the following:

three ice tools and an axe, spare picks and bolts (two for each tool), three ropes, two extra gallons of fuel, spare food for two weeks, two stoves per person minimum, A tent, bivy bag, space blanket, signal mirror, two cell phones, 2 spare batteries for each, a HAM radio, an auxilarry antennea for the HAM, spare batteries for this, a GPS, a PLB, a family radio, a whistle, dry logs and an axe, matches, lighters, flints, lighter fluid, heat packs, spare clothes...good God many, my personal favorite a not yet invented indelible mountain marking device that will explode bright color around the spot where I am (telepthically controlled of course), and Toblerone

I just had to vent...it was that or I was going to gouge my eyes out

peace

god damn you, lambone. you've given away our hiding place from those moronic tea baggers.

poltergeist.jpg

there heeeerrrrre.

god i hate that fucking clown! when my parents had the good sense to show me that flick when i was 8 i immediately came to understand eddie murphy's deep contempt for white people ("why do white people stay in the house when there's a ghost? in poltergeist, not only did the white people stay, they invited more white-people over! and come on, the girl was like 5 years old, how attached could you really be to her anyway?"

the boy was total choad too - for fucks sake, the clown tried killing you - what the fuck was he doing in any sort of recognizable shape a couple of days later?!?