Lambone bashing thread

Mr_Phil

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fine I'll edit it, fuck off...people are critisizing them for shopping at REI in that thread, sheesh.

your right, hindsight in this case is not ok, it was 1 in the morning and I was half asleep.

still, now rescuers are looking for two seperate parties because they split up.

What about DirtyHarry's post:

Hate to say it, but it was foolhardy for this group to attempt the route in light of the poor weather forecast. Now the group is responsible for exposing their many rescuers to serious avy hazards and other dangers. I hope everyone makes it off the mountain in good condition, though.

You gunna bash him too Dr Phil?

The thread is about bashing Lambone. I can't quite do it. Like Oly I feel like discussing it is worth doing but maybe on a differant thread.

Any one that feels like they can make the decision here and now from the comfort of home has not done this enough. The more I go out the more apparent it is that making the best decision you can with the info you have in the place you are works. However, that is seldom the "perfect" solution.

still waiting for you to BASH me Mr. Phil...are a set or rolleyes the best you can do?

Didn't they get a cell phone call out? Why then would the two partners need to descend for help. We don't have all the pieces of the puzzle. But a little speculation isn't such a terrible thing, it is human nature to speculate about what happened.

According to info from rescuers, I am pretty certain that the cell phone call went out after the 2 climbers left the other in the snow cave. I am guessing that they weren't able to keep a strong enough signal to have a very long phone discussion or make another call.

Don't bash on me, just passing some info on. I do know that sometimes you can get a call out and others you can't.

Lambone,

No mention what his injuries are. Right now that is mostly speculation because it doesn't make sense that he would be left behind for any other reason.

Also another phone company picked up a signal from a different phone, which they believe may belong to one of the other climbers. Still, I don't know how correct this info is. Last I heard they were trying to get a location of that signal. I don't know how close they can get to the possible location of the two climbers, but it's something.

Hopefully the two guys that headed out for help, decided to hunker down because of weather. If that is the case they stand a better chance.

Hi Will, business is rocking now that winter is here. Especially since the mountain isn't open yet. Things are good, havin fun. Visit on your next trip to the valley, were only 5min off I-5.

Cheers,

bone

p.s. after our Glacier Peak experience I can totaly empathize with the poor bastards stuck on Hood right now. It makes me cringe to think if our party of three had been split up during that storm.