Valhalla

After hearing Dru mention Gimley I thought I would as a question about the rest of the area. Are there any other established routes?

I have been in the area w/ a non-climbing partner and drooled. I know that long ago one of the climbing rags had a write up on the area and that the route on Gimley is there, but I don't know where the others are.

I am sure all of the other major peaks have been done by a technical route. So, has anyone done em?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only there for half a day but there are 3 grade V/VI's on the north face of Dag (only 1 in guidebook - check rock & ice new routes for the other 2) , and lots of grade II-IV free routes abound - s face of asgard is supposed to be the best of these (10-14 p. 5.8). w face of gimli has an all-gear 5.11 and a 4 pitch overhanging arete sport 5.12 (neither in guidebooks)

drsuess.gif

Lots to do. The out of date guidebook is the black "Columbia Mts West and South" volume. ask at the climbing gym in nelson for info on routes not in guidebook.

quote:

Originally posted by verticalturtle:

Thanks. for the beta.

By the Way are you interested in going back to do anything there such as the route on asgard?

Yeah totally would like to get back in there but don't know if I can swing the time to do so.

• 2 weeks later...