• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
cluck

3 Lost on Mount Hood

Another press conference soon. You would think the guys in the media would have a scanner and would have found the tac freq's being used. They didn't ask if anyone would spend the night at the summit.

CNN, and KATU video feeds sometimes better than KGW for news conferences. I had a hard time with KGW today.

Fox mentioned they are monitoring the radio traffic. I am sure CNN is too.

Press conference cancelled. That scares me.

Fox mentioned they are monitoring the radio traffic. I am sure CNN is too.

Press conference cancelled. That scares me.

Gary Tiffany (spelling). Found two ice axes, sleeping bag, etc. No people. Damn They self rescued up to the summit and then where. They would have taken their stuff to self rescue.

Tiffany, continued -

Still have footprints to follow. Footprints headed up, then disappeared.

One sleeping bag, 2 ice axes, some rope. Cannot tell how recently someone was there.

OK. This guy is not going to say much because they need to talk to the families. Don't speculate but this is where Kelley James should be and he obviously left. They know more but probably won't release it until later. Leaving the summit speaks volumes.

You can bet if any of the three climbers is found alive, the media will be whooping and hollering about it.

Otherwise, expect a very delayed report due to next of kin notification.