3 Lost on Mount Hood

cluck

Yeah, the news networks are switching from live to loops and back to something Fox is calling "new video". After watching this for the last hour it's pretty clear the talking heads and the people doing the captions don't know what's being broadcast.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Whitaker's cnn interview is a bit annoying. Climbers today relie on rescue but in his day they relied on teamwork. Then he is asked if he has ever been rescued and he says "yes" on Denali.

So anyone who is rescued today is substandard but not when he needed it.

I wish someone would point out this cave.

What is the upside down V shape made of? Snow? Ropes? The only shape I've heard mentioned was the 'Y' made by gear, which someone said means 'Yes, I'm here.' Is a snow cave suppose to grow in height in relation to the surrounding snow as snow falls on top of it? I don't know why it would do that. When you build a cave, you dig into snow already there, unless it's some sort of igloo design.

I thought DISH network only receives, doesn't transmit. And any

confirmation as to where the three were would have saved a week's worth of searching.

The guy who went down the ridge is now digging.

the " /\ " shape is visible in the snow just below the sar guy on cnn.

I concur, was watching the guy digging from the apex of the /\ for five minutes and amazed that none of the talking heads mentioned it. You could even see the spindrift coming from his shovel.

I wonder if you called into CNN if there's any chance they could clue the talking heads into that video.

Jim Whitaker's cnn interview is a bit annoying. Climbers today relie on rescue but in his day they relied on teamwork. Then he is asked if he has ever been rescued and he says "yes" on Denali.

So anyone who is rescued today is substandard but not when he needed it.

I wish someone would point out this cave.

You just completely misquoted him. Before you post, think before you hit the enter key.

They just said they will leave the summit at 4 pm that's two hours from now. I can't understand why someone doesn't say anything about the guy probing the snow on the Y you can clearly see?? It looks like there is one guy probing on the ridge below the summit.