$59 for awesome down jackets

Jens

I just bought a campmor goose down climbing jacket.

They have many colors and sizes. They are only 59 bucks and seem very well made and technical. The are also very light and have a high fill (600?) goose down rating. They are probably not as good as the north face down jackets but certainly as good as some of the mountain hardware ones. I just put mine in a stuff sack and it compressed really small.

59 bucks ain't bad. They look cool to.

www.campmor.com Item #58425

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

On the contrary Mt. Hardwear tends to be a cut above TNF equipment all around (TNF Denali haha). That is a sweet deal on a down Jacket though. I'm not trying to be rude but 600 fill tends to be on the low end, but this is all relative the highest quality down comforter you can buy is like 450 fill but high end down pieces (sleeping bags jackets etc) tend to be 800-900 fill power. But this year the highest fill you can find is 850 because there is a shortage in europe. But back to the point good find :)

I got my only down jacket from Campmor four years back (if I remember correctly, I paid $65 odd at that time). It is the same jacket that Jens picked out, may be an older version. It has worked great for me so far, and looks like I'll be using it at least for a few more years. It does not have a hood, but has been adequate for most cold conditions I've been in.

I've bought a lot of my gear from Campmor. They always have awesome deals. Of course they do not carry much of climbing gear.