Anyone willing to take a newbee outdoors girl?

kittya

Hi! I just recently started rock climbing, camping and hiking this past summer/ fall, and I loved it. However, not many of my friends share my new love for the outdoors, hence my dilema...so, if anyone wants to go hiking, rock climbing, snow shoeing, snowboarding, let me know!! I'm in Seattle.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say so many things......but you should be able to get ALOT of volleys for this job.....depending on some critical factors. :grin: Always fun to help new people learn. If your ever going to be in the Wenatchee area let me know. I will show you some good climbs around here. Good granite, Leavenworth, OK bassalt, Vantage.

Actually, that's where I do most of my Rock Climbing: right by Levinworth. I wish I could remember the names of the routes I've done, but I know some where by Puzzle Palace. Others didn't have names in Victor's book yet, as they had been made after it came out. And I dunno, I havn't recieved all these "volleys" you seem to think I will, but I'm not sure if I'm looking in all the right places for responses.

Cheers!

Kitty

Hey, she might not be a troll. There was a recent poster, toast####, who turned out to be real.

It's a little sad that if a real newbie does post here looking for partners/mentors, that the first hurdle which must be overcome is to convince the local cynics that he/she is for real and not a troll. Does that say anything about this community? Flame away...

Not so much a statement about the community as about Dru, and the fact that 1/3 or all registered users are his avatars.

Kitty, If your not interested in scratching around on rock by headlamp, you might want to drop in on a Pub Club. Good way to put faces with names for at least a few people.

um, I'm not a troll, unless 5'8" 138lbs is a typical troll stature. If it is, then yes, I suppose I am one. DT night? Drytool night? Problem is I wasn't kidding when I refered to myself as a newbie: I dont' have ice tools, crampons or an 11 m rope, nor have I ever been ice climbing, only regular rock climbing. I'm not saying that I wouldn't love to try, or at least see how it's done, but I don't want to represent myself as anything other then a beginner.

lol. I just didn't want anyone the size of the Fremont Troll climbing on my gear :P However there are always enough tools and ropes to go around, and I've got a spare pair of crampons I can throw in if your interested. Just need boots, a headlamp, and clothing you can abuse a bit. Well, and we need to get off our asses and get something regular going again :P

um, I'm not a troll, unless 5'8" 138lbs is a typical troll stature.

Troll means in the fishing sense, throwing out a line and seeing what bites, rather than the guys that live under bridges.

Maestrette and I would be happy to go out climbing with you, and we are not hard-core types who are only interested in sending hard routes. We're in Everett. PM me if you want to hook up.

I know it's not the right season for rock climbing (a little too cold, and wet, eh?) but that's the only climbing I've done. I have boots, both hiking and the insulated snow hiking kind, and I have a head lamp, clothes too. Plus I like a challenge.

Hi Kitty !

Never Mind the spray, There are some people on this site that do climb and will help you get started in Your quest to better You skills.

Your Climbs Have also been at Speckled Spot, Cleams, and a few other un-named areas !

See You out there soon, its getting cold again !

Spray doesn't bother me, it gives people something to do at work. Plus I've found some people to gym climb with. I just have to hold out a little longer before I can get outdoors to climb...and then I'll be trying to snag people left and right to join in!