Wa State Ice Website

Weekend_Climberz

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... I bought a domain name and host it on a google site (so my visitors go directly to the domain name, and all they see is that name). It is a bit limited, but it's free and I THINK that you can do HTML if you are knowledgeable (or presumably have a site already designed and saved)- Most importantly, they are super reliable. Just something to consider.

Thanks. I need ASP.NET 2.0 for wastateice, most of the site is driven off an XmlDataSource control. Will look into it. For now, since I've been delinquent in posting updates for the last week anyway - thanks to all who sent updates! - I'll work on getting the thing back online this week.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm finally getting around to revising and adding a bunch of info from the last number of years to wastateice site. By my count there are 40+ new routes the last 3 years alone, and trying to keep up with them and my kids was ill-fated. But anyway, the revisions and updates (do/will) include but not be limited to:

* Some links to fun ice-climbing videos

* Bunch of better quality images and image updates all around.

* Ellensburg and Coleman Falls online.

* large Strobach revision, new routes.

* large Leavenworth edits and revisions.

* the 800-pound Gorilla: trying to get Alpental online

* hopefully much more!

If you browse the site and see missing stuff or errors, pls give me a shout.

Thanks, Alex

• 1 year later...

Hi Fellow Climbers,

Yesterday-10 January-Banks Lake was in fair shape--not great--but fair shape. Devil's Punchbowl was mostly in, and Pee Wee's Playground was fully in. Other formations like the Cable and Zenith are about 50% in. It is hard to say how long it will last--the regional forecast is a bit warmer in the coming days and the longer range forecast for the region is more rain than snow. So if your schedule is flexible and you want to get out there, the next few days might be the window. On the other hand the weather might reverse and it gets better. Who knows? I will try to attach some pictures but my technical skills may not be up to the task.

Cheers,

Bob Loomis, Spokane, Wa.