Boots for Denali

PeterZ

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were me I would get a pair of Nuptses and refit them with an intuition liner which you may find a bit warmer than the liner those boots come with. My preference on Denali is a double boot with really warm liner, lightweight shoeller gaitors for lower/mid mountain use, and a pair of 40 below overboots for high camp and up. If I were going on an early may trip I wouldn't think about skimping the overboots. If I were going on a late season trip I might think about ditching the lightweight gaitors and just wearing a supergaitor up the whole hill, sans overboots. But it all depends on how warm your feet tend to be, and how cold conditions are. If you get those integrated boots like the spantik, then of course you just bring those, done deal. Don't forget the baby powder-powder them piggies every night in your bag and you'll be a happy camper!

Spantiks rock. They are way light and walking in them isn't a royal pain like the old Invernos. If you don't need them immediately, wait til Moosejaw has one of the 20% off anything sales. If you have a size 44, 45.5, or 46 shoe size, Zappos has them on sale for 489.95 through Friday

• 3 weeks later...