Coffee

NTM

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to inside rumors, Stumptown is in the process of putting in a Seattle store...should give the local shops a run for their money!

Others that I like:

Firehouse in Ballard- when I'm at SG, it's 20X better than Karma.

Herkimer's on Phinny Ridge- Fairly good coffee, even though I don't like Cafe Vita's espresso

Cafe Verite/Cupcake Royale- Rock out with your cupcake out, plus the coffee is good (Umbria espresso)

Cugini- Zoka coffee and cute baristas, what more can you ask for?

Keep 'em comming! This is fun

The coffee I had in the Army was easily the most vile, disgusting swill out there but I swear it was loaded with Benzedrine.

We figured out you could take the MRE's powdered instant coffee, sugar pack, and non-dairy creamer powder as a powder shot and chase it with a glug of H2O. Vile, but when used repeatedly, makes the day go by.

Yes the rumors are true. Stumptown in SEA soon. Might as well cancel that colon clean you had scheduled :grlaf: If you want to try some before that I will be at the Westman slideshow this week... shoot me a PM and we can work something out :brew:

Selkirk has the right idea... were are all the coffee shops on the way? You guys road trip right?

Any good coffee in...

Ellensburg?

Cle Elum?

Leavenworth?

Monroe?

Index?

Mount Vernon?

Twisp?

Winthrop?

Wenatchee?

Spokane?

Bozeman?

Butte?

Missoula?

Boise?

etc?

etc?

What I have been doing for trips east is pregrinding some beans and then just using the hot water at any gas station and my french press coffee mug... cheaper and makes for much happier kidneys :)

It has been my expirence that in Bozeman: Rockfords coffee is the best followed Rocky Mountain Roasting.

Whatever dude... you know you only drink coffee at the coop in your patagonia down jacket, brand new pressed and ironed carhartts and matching beanie all while sharing beta on how rad G1 is :grlaf::laf::grlaf::laf:;):wazup:

It has been my expirence that in Bozeman: Rockfords coffee is the best followed Rocky Mountain Roasting.

Whatever dude... you know you only drink coffee at the coop in your patagonia down jacket, brand new pressed and ironed carhartts and matching beanie all while sharing beta on how rad G1 is :grlaf::laf::grlaf::laf:;):wazup:

Breakfast burritos and a sprayathon each morning is a great way to start. By the way I climbed at G1 last week. It was really all I could have hoped and dreamed for. :grin:

Breakfast burritos and a sprayathon each morning is a great way to start. By the way I climbed at G1 last week. It was really all I could have hoped and dreamed for. :grin:

I had the worst latte of my life at the Mazama store last week, but most of the time it's pretty good, and it's the only thing in town.

11worth's Alpine Coffee roasters is the best bet there.

There are hundreds of coffee drive thoughs between Monroe and Index, all are decent (as far as I know), but my favorite is the bigfoot coffee stop along highway 2 a little ways past Index.

Cle Elum has a roastery/coffee shop downtown near the bakery (which has awesome food, but the coffee is mediocre), but it's never open :( Anyone else been there?

As for Bozeman, no matter how much you talk it up, the coffee is sub-par.

After all this, though, I usually just bring my french press with me.

John, how did you hear about Stumptown?

• 1 month later...

i judge cafe places by the chicks who work in em. if they got facial piercings and tattoos along with a fuked up sense of fashion then i go back. it helps if they have a wierd name too --like a dudes or sumpin old skool (eg: sam jonni or olga).

btw wtf is 'fat free' half and half?

Cafe Vivace is hands down the best espresso/latte I have ever had. I go back there every time I am in Seattle. There is one (best) on Broadway and another (good) across from REI.

In Leavenworth, the best coffee is at Starbucks, sorry all you starbucks haters. I actually think they have great drip, and the espresso is standard Starbucks. I've heard good things about the drip at O'Grady's Pantry (at Sleeping Lady), but their espresso sucks.

There is no good place to get coffee/espresso in Twisp (I have tried them all). The Rocking Horse in Winthrop is great, as is the bakery in Pateros.

Never trust an espresso joint that doesn't have whole milk!

What are your favorite coffee shops in your neighborhood (Stumptown in PDX, Victrola in Seattle, etc...)? Least favorite? Why is it good/does it suck (service, coffee, whatever...)?

Just curious, plus I think it would be cool to have a list of places to hit up near me or when I go to other towns.

I personally like Vivace's coffee, but find most people who work there to be condescending. Victrola gets :tup::tup:

Albina Press. Hands down the best!!! Check them out in North Portland off Alberta/Albina. Oh, and world famous Billy the Barista is a climber. *so hot*

The best coffee comes from the beans you roast yourself, ground in your own Rocky/Mazzer, etc.

As for Portland, if you are looking for strictly fine grinds:

Albina Press - Billy is _serious_ about espresso.

That place Phuong works up in the 'couv (lava java). Weird location, world champion barista.

Stumptown Annex, for a cup of any of their single origins made just for you in the Clover. One of maybe two or three in production use in the country right now. I'm pretty sure it has bluetooth.

clover.jpg