scarpa omega

chase986

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in Scarpa Alphas for 3 years, and have played with the Omegas to compare them. Basically the Omegas are very similar to the Alphas except they have a little more flex in the tongue of the boot, have a lower-profile rand, and a slightly wider toe-box. Compared to the invernos they are obviously much lighter, but not as warm. Stock they are great for spring/summer mountaineering. They are also damn near as good as leathers for vertical ice IMO. I bought a pair of Inverno high altitude liners which I use in my Alphas and that noticeably increases the warmth. I also know people out here in the northeast that put Intuition liners in them and that makes them really warm, and improves fit universally. As long as the fit is good for your foot, I completely recommend the Omegas (except for aforementioned differences, they are the bloody same as the Alphas) I have loved mine, and the flex and weight really make long approaches nice. They are great, versatile boots.