Lillooet?

michaeljosephnozel

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope is coming in fat but my partner bailed yesterday so all I did was gape in a blizzard. It's been colder for two days longer in Lillooet. But I seriously think that you might have died driving up the Fraser Canyon yesterday unless you were an 18 wheeler with chains on.

The mixed climbing at Harrison Bluffs in the afternoon was fucking awesome though! Super duper frozen moss...Except that my Ushba doesn't work so good on icy ropes.... :o

The icicles on my neighbours roof have grown from 1" to 5 feet in 24 hours. It's -10C in Chilliwack right now and howling wind. :tup: I'll try and climb something tomorrow evening and report back.

Drove over the Coquihalla Hwy last night on the way back from Canmore. It was pretty full on, and we saw AT LEAST 20 cars on the side of the road, many of them pretty mangled. There were still plenty of idiots in pickups and SUV's trying to pull sketchy manuveurs around slow vehicles, because they think they are invincible in their truck...

But surely someone has checked out the climbs around Lillooet?

There's about a foot to a foot and a half of snow in the Fraser Valley. Due to the high winds, steep stuff is basically snowfree but approaches are covered. The "seepage" climbs seemed to be further along on Sunday, Mousetrap was still flowing. But I bet it comes in by tomorrow. Could be hollow.

There was a car parked at the approach for The Diviner on Sunday :confused:

The thing to watch is the temps later in the week. Current forecast has Hope going up to +5 on Friday and Lillooet staying around -10C. That's a way better forecast than yesterday though so it looks like the cold might be around longer than the forecasts had originally indicated.

Is theweathernetwork.com forecast for Hope no good? It shows cold weather all week with a high of +2 on saturday and +1 Sunday. THe rest of the week looks cold. I was thinking of driving up there from seattle this weekend. I figured with a whole week to form, north facing stuff would fare fine with a just few hours above freezing on the weekend. Does that seem wrong?

Environment Canada is the only forecast that's any good.

Hope:

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-36_metric_e.html

Saturday and Sunday forecasts on a Monday are inherently fantasies.

But it could very well be worth driving up here if it doesn't warm up. Espefcially because there is so much water in the ground right now that I expect a bunch of unusual things will form up fat.