dynafit/garmont mega-ride gear acting up

goldenchild

just wandering if anyone else is having this problem:

Just yesterday I went on a tour and the back piece of my Dynafit TLT comfort binding always rotates by itself from walk mode to ski mode. The boot would click in and I can't get any heel lift! Obviously very annoying.

Have any other people mentioned this problem as well? I really need to get this resolved. It's pissing me off.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have brakes installed on the binding? If so, I'd guess that's the culprit. You might want get rid of the brakes and just use leashes instead. Wildsnow.com has instructions somewhere, it's a pretty easy fix. My experience was that the spring on the brakes had a tendency to pop the binding into ski mode. Super annoying, though it is a handy excuse to stop and let someone else break trail ;) Anyway, once I got rid of the brakes the problem went away.

Sorry to jump in so late, but i have the same boot (TLT 700)and was wondering if they kill your shins? i find i have to pretty much completely unbuckle the boot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have brakes and have not noticed the problem you guys are talking about. I have the Diamer Free Ride binding.

• 2 weeks later...

Before you remove the brakes, try the following...

If you look under the brake you will see that there are two springs that are used to make it "engage" when your boot releases. I have removed one of those two springs, and it seems to help with this problem, as there is less upward pressure on the heel piece in touring mode.

I have brakes and have not noticed the problem you guys are talking about. I have the Diamer Free Ride binding.

The way the brakes work on these two bindings (Diamar and Dynafit) is completely different.