Brand New Hotness

gapertimmy

Friends, Sprayers, Cube dwelling minions... Welcome Back!

For the past few months, the brain trust at cascadeclimbers.com has been hard at work on some brand new hotness.

What you see before you is the fruits of our blood, spray, and tears. We aren't completely done dropping the sickest shreds in message board land, but so far we have these tasty items that we hope will help you send that next big grade in your electronic climbing career!

Photo Uploads a snap!

When posting a trip report or whatever, simply click the little camera button in your post text editor, and drop in existing cc.com gallery photos of yours, or upload new images with ease. Click the photo(s) you want in your post and that is all it takes.

Trip Report Index Reloaded

The TR index has been overhauled with a super robust search feature. Search results are cached for quick browsing and are stored from page to page in your result set. Additionally you can now search by user name as well. Stay tuned for some sick hotness in the TR tool.

Video Links to YouTube/Google

You will notice a few new buttons in your post/reply bar. Two of these new buttons will allow you to imbed Google or YouTube videos into your posts. Upload vids of your epic to the big dogs site, and show it to the bro's here. Oly has a great how-to on this feature in the faq .

Search Longer than 4 Years

The search range has been extended to all 7 years of cascadeclimbers.com posts. The search function is also enhanced via full-text indexing on all existing posts. Look for future improvements in search coming soon too.

Cursor default to User Name on Login Page

Indeed now your cursor floats to the user name box on the login page. No need to click in the box. Sick.

PM Enhancements: Now Private Topics

Private Messaging has received an overhaul and are not called Private Topics. You can invite up to 5 others to join in on private topics as you cary-on your private discussion about your next big outing, or perhaps debate about the otter in private.

Post Preview

You can now preview your post on the same page before submitting. This is also true for Trip Reports... pair this up with Firefox 2.0 spell checking, and even Muffy will be teh speling be champiun.

Quick Reply, Quick Quote

SUPER DUPER web 2.0 technology! Posting spray without a page load! OH MY!

Help!

Is the new cc.com just too much for you to handle? Do you need help? We have also setup a new online support center so we can better help out our virtual climber bro's and sisses that are in need. For all support issues, or just to let us know how FKN RAD the new site is, drop us some logic here:

http://support.cascadeclimbers.com/index.php?x=&mod_id=4

There are a few more features that will being dropped within the next two weeks. One in particular will give you access to a wide variety of weather data if super sickay formats.

That is all I have for now. Special shout outs go to my main homey Olyclimber for providing much scopecreep and inspiration for this overhaul.

-timmay

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I click my old bookmark

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/ubbthreads.php?Cat=

It goes to the old page, but when I click on a topic

instead of going to a topic

It goes to the new page: http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/cfrm

So I made a new bookmark but I thought u might want to know about that cause it's kind of confusing.

Why is it that every PM I ever wrote reappeared in my inbox. I just had to delete some 70 pages of PMs dating all the way back to October, 2002 when I joined this site. Clicked on Check All and Delete All Checked 70 times! It would seem that anything you ever wrote is still there even if you deleted it.

I had to do the same thing. I'm guessing this was a bug in the import script complicated by the format change of PM's to Private Topics.

I will probably perform a massive purge of all PT's prior to a given date range soon, but want to give folks a chance to save any data first...

Timmay, please...

Who here runs a search for threads less than a week old? Anyone? Buhler?

So could the default Date Range on the Search function be new than 7 years, older than 1 day? Instead of newer than 1 week, older than ?

I usually use the search for a general subject - only on two occassions have I used it to track down a specific thread.

I'm frustrated by having to reset that date range every time I do a search, and this way I wouldn't have to unless I could remember "about" when a thread was posted.

What do you think?

Everytime i try to send a pm it sends it to myself. Tried it numerous times to no avail. Timmy can you help?

jlag-

PM's are now called PT's (private topics). They essentially startup a private post/thread between you and the recipients. Thus it will show up in your list like someone sent it to you also.

You can include up to 5 participants in the PT now too. Kind of like making your own private forum.

If you want to try a new look for the board, Timm@y and I just got through adding a second stylesheet for you. Follow the directions here if you want to try it...you can always change it back if you like the current one better. There are three selections available:

• Default: currently the cascade_climbers style sheet.
  • Smiffy: a brownish colored style sheet.
  • cascade_climbers: the blue style sheet you're using right now.

Here is how to do it, if you're interested:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/faq#editdisp