Best way to skin to Meadows?

Teleconvert

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking about his trip all week. All I can come up with is that the best way/fastest way is to cross it below the steel cliffs. But that area is avi-savi from the steel cliffs as well as entering and exiting the canyon. The rest of the canyon is too steep if memory serves. You may be able to cross lowere but then the trips takes on a whole lot of mileage. But then again what is a little bit of skinning time..lol.

Rob's correct. Around 7200' there's a gully you can usually work into. There's also a decent snow slope you can get onto around 6200. There's another gully another 200' or so above that.

Head out of the lower lot and cross the gully. Head east and follow a small gully/ridge NE until you hit the edge of WR and poke around.

Beware the cornice and bad visibility. The latter has caused several to disappear off of the former. Also, this is typically the leeest of the lee. It may be worth roping up to drop in and dig a pit or ski cut this unless the sun has been out for a few days.

If conditions are solid, I'd recommend heading to silcox and traversing over from there. The natural line from dropping in here will allow you skin up some minor ridges on the other side and you'll end up around 9k way the hell above Meadows. Ought to be sweet.