• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mashman

Ramona Falls, Mt. Hood

I scoped it, but did not climb. It's a little down my to-do list, but I am very interested in climbing on the main large wall. It looks awesome, but not even the locals on Hood I know know anything about it. I saw only one pin on the largest wall. Let me know if you learn anything more about climbing there.

Wayne1112 mentioned a few years back he'd scoped it also. Might want to get ahold of him. If anyone knows about developing chossy Oregon crags it'd be him.

Funny you should mention that..........

It seems I skied in ther with the Honorable Sorcerer named Tim and we proceded to do the 1st ascent of a killer M3 or so mixed kill pitch. It can be t.r.'ed, but I found it to be a serious lead. It can be found to the left of the falls 100' or so. Bolt city on the potential of the main wall. mediocre rock? You really need to ask Tim Olson yourself. The true Conessuire of choss gaging

I tried that once. We skied in there through knee-deep snow and climbed rotten rime on the left side of the falls. I chickened-out about halfway up, threw a sling around a tree and lowered off. We messed around on toprope for awhile until some shutterbug on snowshoes following our trench started giving us a hard time for “ruining” the ice!

At one time, I mentioned the wall in question to his Timness. I can’t remember exactly what he said about it, but he wasn’t wildly enthusiastic.

The rock near the Falls looks like moss-covered choss. However, the large wall about 1/2-mile down the trail from the falls (with the huge talus apron) looks really nice. No moss but maybe a few token loose rocks for fun. Not a place to look for ice, but a potential great day crag (with an hour approach).