• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
enelson

leaving my rope behind

i need to know how to store my rope long term. i am going to africa and then into the peace corps, which will be about 3 years without it. now, i may just take it all with me, but the chances of that are slim, so how bad will it be to leave it in a closet in the rope bag? this is a metolius monster dry rope. aren;t you all going to miss these noob questions from me? wave.gif

Just store it in a coolish place out of the sunlight, away from chemicals and it will be fine. I have a perfect place if you would like me to store it for you.

E

In the closet, in a bag is fine. Ropes don't like sunlight or heat. Your rope should be just fine in three years...ten or fifteen years, then I'd maybe retire the rope to non-extream conditions like sport climbing, TR, or moderade glacier climbs.

Congrats on joining the Peace Corps! Bring it with you if you're going where you might climb! At least bring your favorite climbing shoes and a chalk bag so you can impress the locals with your bouldering skills. It's those little things that feed your soul which will help you survive the difficult times. I'm an RPCV. One of the greatest things I ever did in my life.