100 days

fear_and_greed

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudy... You just need to come down and stay at my place, you can ski right out my front door and it will be better quality than Seattle snow. I still got 3 feet in front of my building and they are predicting 3 more feet by the end of next week.

Rudy... You just need to come down and stay at my place, you can ski right out my front door and it will be better quality than Seattle snow. I still got 3 feet in front of my building and they are predicting 3 more feet by the end of next week.

Tell me about it, there's so much snow I've done more backcountry days than inbounds. BC = 8 , Resort = 2. Add in three snowshoeing trips into the mix too.

I'm back from Lookout Pass, Big sky, Moonlight Basin, Bridger. The latter 3 areas had serious lack of snow. In fact, when the powder I was skiing from the top of Lone Peak turned into a couple inch veneer of snow over a steep rock field I cracked a rib in the ensuing wreck.

Now up to 35 days. Heading to Big Mountain next week.

737741-1-f6761bf2ed433b7f513f712b79f74275c17e3a79.jpg

More pics:

http://weblife.earthlink.net/photo/PhotoAlbumView?AID=jxblncrd:/737/737741-0-77a7cd5783522579acc010c9b957185d6cd3a4c1.jpg:LO:a6g3

http://weblife.earthlink.net/photo/PhotoAlbumView?AID=accmchit:/740/740082-0-0897f712cd717c2100ad167aced27f18ec79572f.jpg:LO:a6g3

http://weblife.earthlink.net/photo/PhotoAlbumView?AID=otjkmnhk:/746/746028-0-908872e4a31b51cdcb0eb74ba4287ac576f6cb6e.jpg:LO:a6g3

http://weblife.earthlink.net/photo/PhotoAlbumView?AID=jdykipzj:/749/749965-0-2b76657852739f304efb785bb939c92eab8a453c.jpg:LO:a6g3

A couple of YouTube movies:

I set a goal of climbing 20 days of WI this season and climbing WI in at least OR, WA, MT, WY, and CAN.

To date I have climbed 40 pitches of WI over 13 days in 5 different states (OR, WA, MT 3 times, UT, and CO). I need to kick it into high gear if I am going to make 20! :snugtop: My # of pitches could/should be higher but one of those trips to MT I puked more times than the # of pitches I climbed :(:mistat: Damn you food poisoning!

I'm willing to bet Craig and Bryan have the most days this year of ice... oh to be a student again :laf:

Cheers to anybody getting out consistently to do something... ski, climb, whatever... :brew:

IMGP0588.JPG

So who is leading? Rumr had 78,SnoBoy 50 my buddies are at about 40, Keith Hansen 35, I 've got 14 :cry:

It's Henson (like the muppet guy). Good afternoon corn at Crystal on Saturday put me at 36.

My son and I are leaving for Big Mountain tomorrow morning via Kellogg and Silver Mt.

Edited by Keith_Henson

78 daze pulling plastic = 3 pitches on WI.

I've got 12 days in skiing so far. My personal best was last year at 26. As the kids get older and out of the house, it gets easier.

When Ujahn was in shape last year, I noted that there was several days of AM skiing then rockclimbing which ROCKED! This year, he's so busy running his business that in a few hours we're both pwned and only want to look at rocks and have a cush Lunch/dinner at Skamania Lodge afterwards. We're such pussies.

Powderhound- good on ya for getting it while you are young. You too John, you guys seem to sandwich it in between the other important stuff and I have a lot of respect for you both (and some of you others doing it too) for getting on it.

Keith = Go get it buddy, most of us will be living vicariously through you and E this year fom our cubicals:-)

Take care all

Bill

• 1 month later...