100 days

fear_and_greed

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resort once, backcountry once. Until we get another storm here in Colorado, it's bring yer ice skates up to the mountains time. We're having record highs. Survival skied in the backcountry yesterday on a nice icy crust with rocks poking out. Buh-bye week-old dump. At least we'll have a good base for the next round of storms.

Rob, you have officially now spent far too much time around lawyers. Quit yer job and go skiing homey!

I like the way you think! I've already got three days in so far this winter and I think its making me snow-crazy. That and the thought of spending the entire month of January in Oklahoma for work.

Kill me now.

Rob, you have officially now spent far too much time around lawyers. Quit yer job and go skiing homey!

I like the way you think! I've already got three days in so far this winter and I think its making me snow-crazy. That and the thought of spending the entire month of January in Oklahoma for work.

Kill me now.

I hear they have frozengrain silos to ice climb in!!!

We are now 7% there. 100 days in a season. We are counting it as "in season" as long as we can ride, so there might be some serious bootpacking in June to get our last few days in.

Last year I managed to get 63 days on skis (and no, I am not some rich lift junkie. I just try not to go to work very often). We will be getting another 4 days this weekend. fruit.gif

Last year I skied 35 days. The Zaritsky filkm "Ski Bums" and Warren Miller’s taunt that “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do” got me thinking.

So this year I decidied to take a year off of work and be a ski bum (a "ski"battical, if you will), before I get too old and my knee totally deteriorates. I hope to get 100 days... I will be in Utah twice, Montana for over 3 weeks, and I have a crystal pass so I think I can do it.

Day 4 of this year’s season had me today at Crystal in powder over my thighs!

Yeah Baby! 643867-1-94e60f23d42469edd333328eeea3853633a1f60a.jpg

• 1 month later...

So where are folks on the 100 day goal? Yesterday was day 22 for me and crystal had remarkable--rocky mountain-like snow, blue sky, light powder, super cold.

crystal 15 days

white pass 2 days

stevens 1 day

schweitzer 3 days

49 degress north 1 day

off to Big Sky next week to use my 10 free days...

• 2 weeks later...