• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
kevbone

MOST INFLUENTIAL ROCK GUITARIST

I have to give it up for Eddie Van Halen for the most influential. He changed the way people played in the late 70’s. The entire style of rock guitar changed after Van Halen I came on the air waves.

Eddie popularized that style of play in the mainstream, but ACDC was doing that years earlier. And Eddie undoubtedly got his influence on the noises guitars could make from Jimi and Townshend to name a few.

Dimebag

Zakk Wylde

Bass guitar is where its at

Paul D'Amore

Martin Mendez

Les Claypool

Martin Eric Ain

Flea

Lemmy

Sebastian Steinberg (double bass and fuckin awesome)

Eddie popularized that style of play in the mainstream, but ACDC was doing that years earlier. And Eddie undoubtedly got his influence on the noises guitars could make from Jimi and Townshend to name a few.

It seems like after Van Halen I came out. The entire style of rock guitar changed. He was (in my opinion) the most influential rock guitarist out there.

Dimebag

RIP my friend! The world lost a great musician on that tragic day! Pantera, one of the greats.

Paul D'Amore

Martin Mendez

Les Claypool

Martin Eric Ain

Flea

Lemmy

Where's Cliff?

The answers to this question would be a great way to gauge when folks came of age...

Okay then...The guitarists from Poison and Ratt were, so, like, rad, man. And Night Ranger.

It seems like after Van Halen I came out.

Eddie really inspired you, eh?

Yes, Eddie inspired my when I was 14 and learning how to play guitar. I am most inspired these days by jazz. I like Joe Pass a lot. That man sold his sole to the devil to play like he does. I also think Steve Kimock is the best jam guitarist out there today.

Paul D'Amore

Martin Mendez

Les Claypool

Martin Eric Ain

Flea

Lemmy

Where's Cliff?

Over the edge.

Archenemy, I'm surprised that in your bass list you left off some of the easy picks:

James Jamerson

Jaco

McCartney (much as the guy can be insufferably sappy, he did a lot to establish the bass as a melodic instrument)

If you like a wizard with the upright, keep an eye out for Glenn Moore, plays in a local jazz duo King & Moore: you know, just bass & vocals? I saw them play at SAM and he was just stunning.

Oooh, and I almost forgot: Sid Vicious, who perhaps singlehandedly started the myth that any no talent dumbfuck can play the bass.

Dimebag

Zakk Wylde

Paul D'Amore

Martin Mendez

Les Claypool

Martin Eric Ain

Flea

Lemmy

you being a proud Dane, I'm surprised there's no mention of one of the finest bass-players, Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen.

I am most inspired these days by jazz.

You mean, like this guy?

Kenny-G.jpg

The soprano sax is in the same catagory as the harpsicord. Irritating at best.

Dimebag

Zakk Wylde

Paul D'Amore

Martin Mendez

Les Claypool

Martin Eric Ain

Flea

Lemmy

you being a proud Dane, I'm surprised there's no mention of one of the finest bass-players, Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen.

I'm not big into jazz.

The soprano sax is in the same catagory as the harpsicord. Irritating at best.

Especially when wielded by a jerry curled nancy boy and his grating, noodling, lame-ass attempt at "jazz". madgo_ron.gif