MOST INFLUENTIAL ROCK GUITARIST

kevbone

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word: ERUPTION!

Spanish Fly is a lot more interesting jam to play. As are most Randy Rhoads solos.

Spanish Fly is an incredible piece, he recorded it in two takes. Thats pretty cool and amazing. Randy is great as well, its really a shame he past on looooooonnnnggg before his time.

I choose Eddie as the most influential rock guitarist. He is not my favorite but I believe the most influential. All rock guitar changed in the following years after he came to power. Guitarist imitated him for a decade. Whether you like his music or not, he for surely influenced a lot of upcoming guitarist.

Currently I enjoy listening to Steve Kimock. Who I would say is the most patient guitarist playing today.

Edited by kevbone

Iommi is copied by some, but all modern metal was started when that badass got a guitar. You can hear the influence in what today's artists are doing.

Well I guess a lot of beginning guitar artists do play that Smoke on the Water lick...

that's Blackmore, not Iommi

Shows what I know. In my defense, I was never much of a Black Sabbath fan. It was always hard for me to take seriously any guitarist sharing a stage with Ozzy Osbourne.

Iommi is copied by some, but all modern metal was started when that badass got a guitar. You can hear the influence in what today's artists are doing.

Well I guess a lot of beginning guitar artists do play that Smoke on the Water lick...

that's Blackmore, not Iommi

Shows what I know. In my defense, I was never much of a Black Sabbath fan. It was always hard for me to take seriously any guitarist sharing a stage with Ozzy Osbourne.

They shared the stage with Ronnie James Dio, Ian Gillan, and others as well...