MOST INFLUENTIAL ROCK GUITARIST

kevbone

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie popularized that style of play in the mainstream, but ACDC was doing that years earlier. And Eddie undoubtedly got his influence on the noises guitars could make from Jimi and Townshend to name a few.

It seems like after Van Halen I came out. The entire style of rock guitar changed. He was (in my opinion) the most influential rock guitarist out there.

It seems like after Van Halen I came out.

Eddie really inspired you, eh?

Yes, Eddie inspired my when I was 14 and learning how to play guitar. I am most inspired these days by jazz. I like Joe Pass a lot. That man sold his sole to the devil to play like he does. I also think Steve Kimock is the best jam guitarist out there today.

Archenemy, I'm surprised that in your bass list you left off some of the easy picks:

James Jamerson

Jaco

McCartney (much as the guy can be insufferably sappy, he did a lot to establish the bass as a melodic instrument)

If you like a wizard with the upright, keep an eye out for Glenn Moore, plays in a local jazz duo King & Moore: you know, just bass & vocals? I saw them play at SAM and he was just stunning.

Oooh, and I almost forgot: Sid Vicious, who perhaps singlehandedly started the myth that any no talent dumbfuck can play the bass.

Dimebag

Zakk Wylde

Bass guitar is where its at

Paul D'Amore

Martin Mendez

Les Claypool

Martin Eric Ain

Flea

Lemmy

Sebastian Steinberg (double bass and fuckin awesome)

you being a proud Dane, I'm surprised there's no mention of one of the finest bass-players, Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen.

I'm not big into jazz.