THERMOGENESIS/ Dec 26-Jan 01

Arc

Planning a solo run up TG and a ski decent on the Mowich face on the dates stated above.

Climbing will be ropeless and in alpine style.

The decent will be steep, crevasse riddled, and fun.

If anyone is interested, then you are responsible for your solo permit, life insurance, and will have no one to hold your hand on this one.

38 days from this point.

Talk to you later.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---

I wouldn't call a 7 day ascent a "run up".

"Cushion Space"-:

Im sure a person with your experience and knowledge will know that a technical 2 day climb can become a 7 day climb under certain conditions......So "Cushion Space" is what you give yourself during a "run up".

If you don't agree with the term "run up".....then perhaps we can schedule a "meeting of the minds" up on the "hill" sometime, and do a "harder route" where you would have to move faster or "run up" to avoid danger which presents its self on certain "hard routes".

Thanks, and I will be "safe".

Arc, i'm not trying to slam you here man, or tell you that you couldn't/shouldn't do something, but I've gotta ask: why publicize it so much?

The way I see it, you're only setting yourself up for defeat. By advertising what you're going to do, you're not only building critics (maybe that's what you want) but you're putting more pressure on yourself.

You've got something to prove? Fine. Do it, then report about it.

You want to solo what is arguably the hardest route on Rainier with the most objective hazards...in the Wintertime. Your likelihood of defeat outnumbers your odds of success by 20:1...on a good day.

I'm not saying you shouldn't or can't. I'm saying you should do it, then report it. People (those who matter anyway) will respect you whether you are successful or not, at that time.

Don't play it up so much. Just go do it, and do it for the right reasons. Best of luck though!

Fuck it then.

I should post all my past TR's, and climbing resume(which will bow your mind) and admit to you who the real name is behind the "Arc Mask" (which might blow your mind even more).

BTW....I have done this route 2 times....never solo.

alert the media!

why tarnish a noteworthy climbing resume and name with egotistical preemptive announcements like this?

ALSO, go get it! don't let us get you down just because we're not impressed with hypothetical future achievements that the rest of us sissies are incapabable of.

I should post all my past TR's, and climbing resume(which will bow your mind) and admit to you who the real name is behind the "Arc Mask" (which might blow your mind even more).

If you need someone to carry your gear for you, why don't you just say so? pitty.gif

BTW....I have done this route 2 times....never solo.

My, having someone unroped within 50 feet of you this time should really take things up a notch. What will you do next? yellaf.gif

Will you be signing autographs somewhere? yelrotflmao.gif

wave.gif

You know what........FUCK YOU, FUCK THE SITE, FUCK THE MODERATORS, FUCK EVERYBODY.....FUCK IT, BAN MY ASS!, KISS MY ASS, YOU AINT SHIT, AND YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME, I DONT NEED YOUR SHIT.

Fuck off......Now go ahead, I dare you to say something else.

You know what........FUCK YOU, FUCK THE SITE, FUCK THE MODERATORS, FUCK EVERYBODY.....FUCK IT, BAN MY ASS!, KISS MY ASS, YOU AINT SHIT, AND YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME, I DONT NEED YOUR SHIT.

Fuck off......Now go ahead, I dare you to say something else.

Actions speak louder than words. Take that to heart. We would be delighted to hear all about your climb, after you've done it, regardless of whether you are successful or not.

FUCK OFF WANNABES

THATS IS MY LAST COMMENT TO YOU.....

IF YOU HAVE THE BALLS, AND I MEAN THE BALLS, COME JOIN ME ON A CLIMB, AND I REALLY MEAN IT......IF YOU DONT EVEN RESPOND BY "PM", YOU WILL BE THE SORRY BITCH THAT YOU ARE, HIDING ON HERE JUST LIKE YOUR MOM WAS THE DAY I MET HERE ON A CORNER IN PDX.