• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
scottgg

What do you want to see climbed this Winter?

so Glacier peak not been climbed in winter? ( I'm from NZ and only been here 3 months and looking forward to some winter fun!!) :o)

i assume it has. it takes 3-5 days in the summer with forest roads open to the trailhead. I would guestimate a week or more in the winter and you would probably be doing it on skis.

I'm with Sol on this one John.

Same here.

However, while I'd say the lads' jaunt was the first true alpine style ascent, ours was in better style and much more important since we wore red capes and speedos throughout. Except in the photos of course. 'Cause like, that'd be weird.

Closet Secrets?

He's talking about Shreddie.. the route on the right. Don Serl led that thing at like 60 yrs old, totally bad-ass! :rawk:

No shit, junior. I was wondering about the one on the left. Good climb.

""Help me out re: a lead fall on this one.

Do you die instantly or you suffer first?""

Actually it would be a clean fall cuz it's dead vertical

but I don't ever climb to fall on ice so I wouldn't know what happens.

I think in this pic it was in gift conditions, while still grade 5 it was continuous, it's usually got a thinner section where it thins to the right.

I was talking about cryo and hydro (the upper of the two pics Buckaroo posted) but Id love to get on shreddie too.

Let me know when it's in and Ill lead :)

I was talking about cryo and hydro (the upper of the two pics Buckaroo posted) but Id love to get on shreddie too.

Let me know when it's in and Ill lead :)

cool man.... when it doesn't touch down it goes at M7 with some bolts... I wouldn't mind trying that either.... but we may have to take turns leading ;)

"but I don't ever climb to fall on ice so I wouldn't know what happens.

This is why you just solo it :)

Something like they do.

[video:youtube]v1gYBeWnbJU