What do you want to see climbed this Winter?

scottgg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the NE Buttress of J-berg? Oleg tried it last year and bailed when the weather went ca-ca. I think it would actually be much worse getting off then getting up. It was in summer!

Under the right conditions it is a fantastic winter route. Descending the route from our high point ( aways below the summit) was not too bad.

Edited by danielpatricksmith

How about:

1. 2nd winter ascent of NE Buttress of Slesse

2. First winter ascent of N Buttress of Bear

3. Winter ascent of Willis Wall (not that ski run, "Thermogenesis" to the right)

4. First winter ascent of N Face of Triumph

5. Repeat "Intravenous" on Chiwawa Mtn

6. 3rd winter ascent NE Butt J-Berg. If I were to do it again, I think descending the route actually would be a pretty good idea.

7. First winter ascent of the N Face of either E McMillan, W McMillan, or Mt. Terror

ooh, now we're talkin. Any fixed pro on the crux pitch on #5? Give us another 6 for a bakers doz. I thought that climb last year on Whitehorse sure looked awesome for a 2nd WA. Can I spread a rumor of a possible ski descent of the K/M on Middle Index. I think I'd be happy with a 2nd ascent CLIMB of that one.

6. 3rd winter ascent NE Butt J-Berg. If I were to do it again, I think descending the route actually would be a pretty good idea.

word - the most enjoyable part of oleg n' me's joyride last year was bailing down the vertical forest in the snow and gale - rapping through the jungle was utterly funky - a place where having 2 ropes sure as hell wouldn't help!

descending the route has the virtue of steering clear of more avy terrain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...