Weight, height, and climbing levels

mountainmatt

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think shorter rock climbers have an edge?

rumr is correct about what th average joe should be able to climb without the above listed limiations.

The big guys always seemed good right off the bat at waterfall ice but now with leashes being considered taboo, that game is going to the short man to.

I think shorter rock climbers have an edge?

rumr is correct about what th average joe should be able to climb without the above listed limiations.

The big guys always seemed good right off the bat at waterfall ice but now with leashes being considered taboo, that game is going to the short man to.

compensation

This is all crap! If you know how to climb then height does not matter at all!!! I am 5'8" and I guarantee that I can find a way to make the same reach that someone who is 6'0" can reach. Seriously, how often do you have to be 100% extended when you climb? And if you answered this by saying that you are 100% extended a lot then you need to learn some technique.

silly talk, man, just silly talk.

silly talk.

JL's at least as big as me...guessing 210-220(or was, haven't seen him in a couple of years)...was cruising .11's like it was that time of day

Though, I'm sure what his 210-220 is made of is much different than mine. Sure, I could still pull .11's...if you put a 4 in front of the decimal

Marty on this site almost weighs 200 pounds and has sent multiple 14's.

I almost weigh 200 pounds and haven't fallen off 5.11's for a long time.

Obviously, not all 200 pounds are created equal, but if you know how to climb (here's a hint, use your feet retards!) at all, there will be many greater limiters to your performance than body size.

This thread is feckin ghey!