Mountain Hardwear EV3 or 2 Anyone tried it?

Jedi

Thinking about the EV3 for next summers trip to AK. Just planning on using the EV3 while acclimating on the West Butt. We have a lighter tent for the route. So has anyone spent anytime in one? Comments?

Thanks,

Jedi

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marmot makes an ev3?

Anyway.....if it was a typo and you meant a MT hardware ev3...then I can say its an ok tent (perfect staging tent), it does its job well. I like my ev2 better ofcourse.

I used my ev2 all up and down denali before, and found that condensation was minimal on some days, however the ev3 has bigger vents, and works a bit better in that area.

DOOOOHHHH!

Thanks for the correction Acr. Yes, the MH EV3. That's good to hear the MH EV3 has bigger vents. It wil just be 2 of us, but I thought the bigger tent might be nice. I am finally leaving the North Face VE 25 (I think that is what it is called) at home. It's a great staging tent but at 10 1/2 pounds, it can stay at home this go around.

Does the EV has anything that seperates the built in vestible from the rest of the tent?

Jedi

No, from the inside, the built-in vestibule just looks like more tent, no separation.

The tent is great for your intended application. Definitely bomb proof. I've been impressed with MH tent construction. They seem like they could weather anything. Spent two nights in the EV2 at 11,000' recently in the Sierra and we experienced virtually no condensation (though we had high winds (60mph) which no doubt helped the situation). I remember thinking the tent felt surprisingly roomy as well.

Edited by Alpaholic

I have the El I-Tent. It has less sq footage.

When hanging in a tent for several weeks, it's nice to have a little extra space. Especially on weather days. It's not going any higher than 14K so the 7 1/2 weight is not a big deal. The snug 2lb 5oz tent is for the technical route.

If I had $400 right now, I'd jump on Faster's tent.

Jedi