Old school Men's Purple Down Jacket

tattooed_climber

pitty.gif(who don't wear purple)

about 10 months ago, my truck was broken into while i was in squamish... Someone stole my arc'teryx backpack containing lots of winter clothing (i was there doing winter aid)...i've slowly replaced the lot over the summer, and since winter is coming, i can't find a purple down jacket....

i need it......it needs to be purple.....call it Superstition...but that jacket has saved my life more than any rope, and i don't do winter/alpine/scrambles without it

so, i've searched local vancouver shops for old models, gone to afew thrift stores and used sporting goods places, searched many catalogues by rei, mec, marmot, etc etc etc....searched all the big names

course, i've found womens models....ahem, i'm 6'3, 190, +5 ape index (a typical mens large)

closest thing i've found was an old school patagonia purple micropuff pullover (mens medium) for 20 bucks...hehehehe...but i still need a purple down!period

SO!!! DUDES AND DUDETTES...help a brother out, if you know anyone with one they don't want, or you have that you don't want, seen one in a shop, plz let me know

i'm aboot to call Feathered Friends to see if they can custom one for me.....

cheers

Phil...

pitty.gif(who don't wear purple)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

volantjacket.jpg

+

pooh_9.gif

= Your Solution!!!

Also try e-Bay and maybe check out options for making your own from a kit. You may have more color control that way?

I wonder if leaving a note that your car is rigged with a bomb instead of an alarm would stop people from breaking in? "Yeah, it's probably a fake, but what if?" hahaha.gif

Edited by ClimbingPanther

well, this monday i recieved an email from a user from rockclimbing.com (i'm on that site often, and they saw my postings there about purple down jackets)

i got a link to seirratradingpost.com...

MARMOT MENS TALANG

...PURPLE

THE EXACT SAME JACKET I USE TO HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

....ahem.....it gets better:::

99.99!!!! more than half the price of what i originally paid