Black Spider on Hood.......done it?

s_darris

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get the topo by joining the Oregon Mountaineering Association. I know there are some topos floating around though (no I don't have one). I don't know too much about it other than, I've heard you need spring conditions to bring it in, and that it has about a 48-hour season. Good luck!

There are several good climbs including a relativley easy route. The gully on the right leads to it or the overhanging ice rt"Black Widow". The center face offers a couple of mixed and ice routes up to 7 pitches long. Anything but the easy route is very serious.I will scan the topo if you bug me enough about it.It can easily be approached from timbeline ski area. Mr. Darris , We have met before , do you remmember when or where?

Hi Wayne...Don't think we've met , although it would be an honor. I have had a fascination with the black spider route ever since doing the wy'east long ago. I am hoping to get up there this season , providing it comes in to shape. I have taught skiing on Hood for 25 years now and am currently with Timberline Ski school , maybe we crossed paths somewhere in there? Wayne , thanks again for responding ! I'd love to hear more about that side of the mountain, maybe over a cold one sometime?

Shawn Darris