Nisqually to Longmire & Paradise, Road washed out!

tytyler

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Letting the Mt. return to its natural state would be great! but imagine how much business the local area would lose. Also this Mt. provides many abroad a learning experience in how to maintain and help keep other Mt.s preserved. All in all if they didnt rebuild its not only the climbing community that would be affected but also my community. And in a sense, the world in one way or another... So i say REBUILD!!! and if they need volunteer help drop me a line.

Letting the Mt. return to its natural state would be great! but imagine how much business the local area would lose. Also this Mt. provides many abroad a learning experience in how to maintain and help keep other Mt.s preserved. All in all if they didnt rebuild its not only the climbing community that would be affected but also my community. And in a sense, the world in one way or another... So i say REBUILD!!! and if they need volunteer help drop me a line.

Instead of building roads into the park they could make a train that goes to Paradise and sunrise. that would be sufficent to meet the publics needs.

As far as others roads go. I say lets keep I-90, but all these silly back water roads should be allowed to rot. Lets turn the cascades into one great nature preserve.

Why should we allow people to live near mt rainier anyways? its all going to be destroyed one day, and why should the goverment keep subsidizing people to live in hazard areas!

Edited by XXX

A train would be a great tourist attraction. THTATS WHY THEY HAVE IT IN ELBE! but as far as practicality to paradise. no. it would be way more wasteful then just having a road. say only one family ends up going to paradis in one day. why run a whole train when a car is more efficant?it just doesnt work...

An no it wont all go to crap due to local goverment restrictions. our local mayor keeps strict restraints on businessess that can come in. also the zoning keeps large home developments out. so dont worry unless the world goes to shits (which one day i'm sure it will) we'll be fine... Id have to say Mt. rainier staff does a fine job keeping the mt. in tip top shape. And if you'd notice the road work is done with the enviorment in mind. all the plants that are removed are relocated. Nothing here goes to waist.

With roads going threw the mt.'s familys are allowed to travel through. thus allowing that family's children to see the majeisty of the place. And perhaps this could inspire that child to make a diffrence. If you look at it in a way of insperation these roads allow people of all back grounds to view something that in other cases they might have never seen before! if just one kid is inspired by their drive through the mountain isnt that worth it? to me it is. mi amigo, the roads through the mountains are not only a convienece to drivers but also an insperation to todays youth that is poisened by video games and tv. let them see what the world realy is made of peace,tranquility, and awe inspiring beauty.

~peace and love~