Just moved to the northwest (Bellingham)

StraightShooter

I just moved to Bellingham, Washington and I am looking for climbing partners for Rock, Ice, and Alpine climbing. I am from Las Vegas NV, I'm a rookie to ice climbing, although I have most of the equipment for it (tools, crampons, plastic boots, and a lot of heart). I am used to climbing both sport and trad in the wonderful sandstone of Red Rocks, NV, although I have limited granite experience. I am looking for any partners interested in climbing at Squamish, Index, or local Bellingham crags, as well as ice climbing and winter ascents of Mt. Baker. I can comfortably lead 5.9 - 5.10 trad, as well as 5.11 sport, and will follow most harder leads up to 12d. Easier multipitch is also not a problem, I'll follow, ropegun, or swing leads, whatever it takes as long as I'm climbing.

I am also interested in climbing Mt. Rainier if anyone wants to do a 2 or 3 person speed ascent in the near future. I have minimal mountaineering experience at altitudes up to 18,000 feet. Thank you very much for reading my little resume here, if anyone is interested please post a reply and I will pm you with contact info. My name is Alvaro, tho most call me Al, feel free to contact me whether you are a newbie climber or a weary old trad master, I'd love to climb with you. Thanks for your time, Al.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al, good to see another newbie. I too just moved here to Bellingham. I gained all my technical sport, and trad skills from years spent in West Virginia's NRG, and Kentucky's RRG. I have only one multipitch under my belt, and unfortunately it was an epic in North Carolina. I am relatively new at mountaineering, and would love to get into more in depth. I have gear, and am always looking for any excuse to get into the mountains.

I also recently moved to Bellingham. I don't have a whole lot of experience with climbing. I had a two week rock climbing section during my NOLS course I did last fall but that is about all the climbing I have done. I would like to get into mountaineering. I have most of the basic equipment but I just need someone who I can climb with so I can learn. I have been on Mt Baker with my dad but we just got up on the Coleman Glacier and camped and then just kind of messed around up there.

I live in Bellingham, climb a lot, and I am always looking for partners. I would be glad to show you new guys around on some local rock ro even sneak you in to the local climbing gym for free if you want to.

Shoot me an email and we will hook up.

BlakeHerrington @ gmail DOT-CALM

wave.gif