Joshua Tree between X-mas and New Year's

catbirdseat

Who's going this year? Mr. Fox, Mos, Robo? I'm going with my usual plan to camp at Hidden Valley from Dec. 26-30 or 31, possibly even longer.

Interested in mostly trad leading to 5.9.

This trip is coming together as planned. Thus far, I've got willstrickland, and Fenderfour (plus his partner) lined up. I've got a couple more friends for the 26-27th only. Roboboy is thinking about it. JHamaker's whereabouts are unknown.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

warm sunshine in tee shirts and prAna tops?

You apparently have never been there in the winter months, for sure its the best opportunity for "warm sunshine" but its frickin cold, with wind.

Kevbone you don't know shit about the JT climate apparently. Maybe you should stick to giving advice about things you know a lot about - like hand-drilling in basalt... or maybe spelling and grammar.

How many times have you been to JT? ...or maybe somebody just told you about it once during a pole-smoking session?

warm sunshine in tee shirts and prAna tops?

You apparently have never been there in the winter months, for sure its the best opportunity for "warm sunshine" but its frickin cold, with wind.

Kevbone you don't know shit about the JT climate apparently. Maybe you should stick to giving advice about things you know a lot about - like hand-drilling in basalt... or maybe spelling and grammar.

How many times have you been to JT? ...or maybe somebody just told you about it once during a pole-smoking session?

Ah the good Dr. talking out your ass again. Something you do well.

I have been there 6 times over the last 10 years beyotch. All in January, Feb, and March. So you can take your lameness elsewhere.

I know what it is to be cold.

Don’t get me wrong, I would like to be no other place. I was just commenting on the “warm sunshine” comment. It would have been more appropriate to say “come climbing in sunshine and bring you down jacket. Cause its going to be cold”

70 degrees and calm!?!?!?

You just don't get it CBS. Kevbone says it's gonna be cold and because he said that, your factual telemetry that portends a pleasant shirtsleeves-and-shorts day amid the monzonite must be wrong.

Now get back to the lab and cook up some data that agrees with Kevbone!

Remember, he's been there a few times, so he KNOWS!

There is an old saying that goes, "why do don't you two just get a room". :grin:

By the way, if anyone else is looking to go to JTree, my friend Thomas is looking to drive down. He's got a comfortable minivan. If interested, send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with him.

Edited by catbirdseat

I'm part of the "and Co" with the Catbird and Co, but I want to make it clear that this does not make me his bitch. Hey, I might hold a rope while he climbs, but it's not like I owe him anything, ok. I haven't been lurking in the shadows, fawning over his amazing physics skills and knot tying skills. Get me?

Yeah, ok then.

I will be there from 12/27-1/2. Look for the ridiculous van and a tall bearded, tattoo-ed, pierced guy.

I'm part of the "and Co" with the Catbird and Co, but I want to make it clear that this does not make me his bitch. Hey, I might hold a rope while he climbs, but it's not like I owe him anything, ok. I haven't been lurking in the shadows, fawning over his amazing physics skills and knot tying skills. Get me?

Chemists have amazing Physics skills? Huh, didn't know that. :crosseye:

Chemists have amazing Physics skills? Huh, didn't know that. :crosseye:

Did you miss all the neat threads in the Newbies forum regarding static loading of anchors and the best knot for tying a coconut to your johnson?