Dynafits Icing

blackbeard

i've done alot of research into the icing of dynafits and have found all of the cursory info.

however, i was speaking with a tech at MEC and they mentioned that they had had a bit of trouble with the TLT Comfort binding icing up around the heel of your boot.

any of you guys have this trouble last year? any insight into the tlt is cool to.

cheers.

Edited by blackbeard

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

however, i was speaking with a tech at MEC and they mentioned that they had had a bit of trouble with the TLT Comfort binding icing up around the heel of your boot.

any of you guys have this trouble last year? any insight into the tlt is cool to.

My friends who use Comforts only seem to have icing problems when they use the optional brakes.

I'm unsure who you spoke with at MEC, but it might be worth phoning them and asking to speak to Bryan about it. He knows the technology exceptionally well and has used it (heavily) in the BC since it appeared in North America. Expect a detailed, no shit, tell it like it is version of performance expectation and limitation. He knows binding technology better than most of us know our spouses.

GB

• 2 weeks later...

I ski coastal snow meaning one weekend it's -15 and the next weekend it's 30. Due to the funky weather I have had alot of problem with icing on the toe piece, the heel-piece and on the boots. Here's what I do: (1) I always carry a whippet and use it to chop the ice that builds up under the toe piece (it can build up under the metal piece and be hard to dig out) (2) on my leashes I have tied a tiny piece of wire that use to clean out my toe and heel pieces when it's really icy and (3) I routinely spray my heel piece down with silicon since it seems to sometimes develop a mound of ice when skinning.