Photopost gallery upgrade

olyclimber

I'm having similar problems. I have a queue full of pictures to upload, but I get the error code or dreaded squirrel when I try to get them into my gallery. I've tried going through the Gallery and TR photo icon, nothing is working. I used to have no problems uploading pictures. I have several "tickets" for help, but still unable to add pictures. Help!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks...That worked to clear the queue, but again when I tried to upload a single picture, it said successfully uploaded and nothing shows up either on my picture gallery or on "alpine climbing" which was the other category I tried. Where are the pictures going? Suggestions?

How do I contact the CEO? I see other people doing trip reports and getting their pictures in just fine...like I used to be able to do. What has changed that won't allow me to upload pictures?

Sorry Le Piston, the CEO reference was a little joke intended to bait Jon into yelling at us about CC.com being a free site and to quit crying. He may have been demoted to the mail sorting room in the meantime. :lmao:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

There have been several complaints online and offline through the support email indicated problems with the photo gallery, mainly with the ability to upload. Thanks to everyone who has written in or posted concerning problems; it helps us stay on top of things here. We will be making efforts this week to remedy the problems with the photo gallery and try to address other issues as well. We'll give a heads up to everyone when we think things are fixed.

As always keep the TRs and great conversations coming and get your friends to contribute as well!

Cheers, Jon and Porter

I'm hoping that a few people could send us some of the images they are trying to upload. Post here first so we don't get overloaded with email. First 3 people having problems. Email them to climb{remove}aht.kaskadeklimbers.(wemove).cahm. Not like we don't get a ton of spam anyway after 10 years but whatever. If you can't figure that out PM me LOL.

People that are having problems, are you uploading jpegs straight from your camera, and if so what megapixel and what size are the image files. One thing that I suspect is happening here is that our databases are getting huge, as is the load on our servers, and so are the megapixel ratings for consumer cameras getting into the 14 megapixel range which of course makes enormous files. Based on the errors people are getting I suspect one of the problems people are encountering are due to high server load and their requests are timing out, hence the squirrel nutz.

For what it's worth, I can't seem to load even the smallest pics anymore. I've tried to resize them "best for web", "best for e-mail" and on and on. I always get snaffled anymore, regardless of the size. Even very small files taken with my phone won't load... But no, I have never tried to load them directly from the camera/phone.

I have had some success with hitting the "Refresh" icon and retrying 2 or 3 times to get the image to upload...after resizing the image to about 10-12% of original. It's a lot more work, but at least I'm getting some images uploaded...just not the big panoramas. It's an improvement. Hope this helps!

A quick update. I really think this is a server issue and not a software issue, but I'm still working on it. I have renewed the license on the photo gallery software and will be working in the next couple weeks to get that upgraded which will hopefully alleviate some of the problems. I'll upload some large images and see if I can recreate this problem. Thanks for the patience.

• 2 weeks later...
I upped the ram in our VPS so I hope that will solve part of the problem.
Thanks Jon... I went through and cleaned out a lot of crap pics a few months back but I did get all of the junk yet out of storage. I tried to load a few more pics today but got snaffled again. That was on my laptop, now I will try on my pc. Thanks for all your work keeping the spray flowing!

I upped the ram in our VPS so I hope that will solve part of the problem.
Thanks Jon... I went through and cleaned out a lot of crap pics a few months back but I did get all of the junk yet out of storage. I tried to load a few more pics today but got snaffled again. That was on my laptop, now I will try on my pc. Thanks for all your work keeping the spray flowing!
I was able to load a couple more pics from my pc.

• 4 weeks later...