Photopost gallery upgrade

olyclimber

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We might need to tweak something here, but yeah we had the setting way too high and we have toned things down a bit for image size. It does appear that the large pictures are not showing. I'll look into that.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the deal is that you are limited to 20 photos in any 24hr period? I waited until the next calendar day to load more and was denied. For my trigger happy finger, limiting it to 20 a day is tough when doing a TR. I upload usually around 800 pixels on the long edge so I think a storage limit per day, rather than quantity, is a better way to go.

Thanks for the upgrades, though, adding images is WAY easier than it used to be.

One other suggestion for improving the upload process- how hard would it be to have a small thumbnail show up instead of the file path in the TR text box? I know when I am doing captions, it is kind of a pain to switch between the preview below and the text above to figure out which is which. I could take the time to write a description in the file name, but that would take a bunch of time too. I guess I could add one photo at a time, but it is nice to just click them in order from my gallery page.

One last thing, would it be possible to have the default display size be a bit larger, say 800-1000 pixels on the long edge? I usually go in and edit out the "medium" out of the image tag. I usually upload at about that size, as it works well with most monitors.

Anyway, not trying to whine here, just a few suggestions from my experiences posting pics. I agree that it is the best thing in the long run to host the pictures here. Nothing is more annoying that an old TR that loses it's pics.

Keep up the great work!!

• 11 months later...

Is the image larger then 4megs? That is the limit we have it set for. The software automatically resizes images to a max height/width of 1200px, but it might not do that if the filesize is over 4megs.

• 3 months later...
Is the image larger then 4megs? That is the limit we have it set for. The software automatically resizes images to a max height/width of 1200px, but it might not do that if the filesize is over 4megs.

So here buried 5 pages deep in a sort of obscure thread we have the official limit to picture size?

and on page 2 of this same thread Olyclimber has posted

""Don't upload pictures:

>larger than 10 MB in size

>larger than 2500 pixels in length or width""

So which is it and why isn't this information placed on the photo loading page where it says

""Maximum File Size: No file size limit.""

I feel like Charlie Brown when he tries to kick the ball held by Lucy

AUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGE!!!!!!!