Mazama Store

Jens

I went into the little mazama store yeterday (the place that sells gas) and thought it was just about the coolest little shop/store aywhere. They had a lot of patagonia stuff and the place had a really cool overall feel. I wonder how many people take time to leave highway 20 and drive a minute to stop?

_________

How does real estate in Mazama compare to say chumstick canyon out of Leavenworth?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The minute mart in winthrop has 50%-off hot food after 8pm! that's a deluxe dinner after a day of climbing at the pass.

Oh ya!!!....if you get down after the restaurants close, a chimi + chicken-bacon-swiss + jo-jos washed down with a little chocolate milk for under $5 is just a little bit of heaven.

During daylight hours, I will have to agree though. I've made the comment to most of my buddies and wife that the Mazama store is quite possibly the coolest small store I've ever been to. Hard to believe they can get so much cool stuff into such a small space.

Edited by ericb

UT is alive and well at the Twisp Brewery. I saw him Friday night. He was a bit greyer in the beard, and my presence took a moment to gather speed in his memory bank, but he's there, and you should visit. He told me that his hound Fergus is alive and well, and that he climbs a lot because there is a lot of good climbing right nearby. thumbs_up.gif Shame not to, or something to that effect.

Rockararoke played at the Pub this weekend, and while me and my consort didn't partake in the musical extravaganza, it was great fun to be in Twisp last weekend.

Another Methow hotspot to consider, this time for breakfast: Cool Beans Cafe. It's right on Hwy 20, just east of the pub.We drove around and out of the two taverns serving breakfast and Cool Beans, picked the Beans. It's nothing special from the outside, perhaps less so once you walk in, but damn the breakfasts were out of this world! I had the croissant sammich, which was laden with perfect eggs, sausage, and cheese. My consort had a basic eggs, hash browns and toast thing with a (doesn't cost extra) side of gravy. I only tried the gravy, but it was outstanding, and now, a few days later, we are still talking about how goddamned great the breakfast was.

Go there, and tip lavishly. thumbs_up.gif