ooo... baby...ooo

Country_Jake

Three daring souls set out on an adveture last saterday... before I go on.... last week I travel around town asking any one if they had ever climb a list of unnamed outcrops along hyway 58; to my suprize everyone seemed to not even notice the 200-300ft. towers that sit on the ridge line along hyway 58, or if they had never had been up to them, maybe it is because you have to ford a river, then climb a steep (40 degrees) or so slope to get to them... anyways, three of us set out at 8:00am drove east from Eugene into the cascades, to a little town I like to call cokeridge... [laf] ... we made our jurney to the rock known as BABY ROCK ... don't be fouled by the name this rock is no baby.... we hiked to the saddle between the rock and the ridge, and eat a nice lunch... then climbed and climbed and climbed... now because I didn't here of any one climbing tis paticular rock before, I might have to clame first accent on our routs... My fried and climbing partner doug, climbed a 5.10 face climb with a 5.10d crux at the top; now known as falcons flight, he got on sight as well... I on the other hand did not get on sight, as I fell on my first try at Jack of all trades, a 5.9 face followed by a 5.10 finger crack, followed by a narrow 5.6 chimmney, fell on the finger crack... and our therd partner did an easy 5.6 hand crack... we also did another chimny up and out over to the left of falcons flight... and just to cool down before our hike to the top of heckeltooth mountain, we did some bouldering on some small towers within the visinety... the view from the top of the mountain was great; a picture perfact view of Dimond peak... all and all the trip was great, I was thankfull for the 12 pack of beer waiting at the truck for us... [big Drink]

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Wopper:

I read about this one in his book. The route starts just left of the dead snag and you descend by the obvious gully.

"so named because during the first ascent, a large crowd of tourists gathered to watch the climbers. A large boulder was dislodged from the climb and flattened a '54 Thunderbird. The crowd rapidly dispersed". [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

quote:

I read about this one in his book. The route starts just left of the dead snag and you descend by the obvious gully.

"so named because during the first ascent, a large crowd of tourists gathered to watch the climbers. A large boulder was dislodged from the climb and flattened a '54 Thunderbird. The crowd rapidly dispersed".
[big Grin]
Bullshit. [Mad]

'55 was the first year for the Thunderbird.

[ 05-06-2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Attitude ]

quote:

Originally posted by Attitude:

quote:

quote:

"so named because during the first ascent, a large crowd of tourists gathered to watch the climbers. A large boulder was dislodged from the climb and flattened a '54 Thunderbird. The crowd rapidly dispersed".
[big Grin]
Bullshit.
[Mad]

Whatever Gapewad. Change your name to Autotude.

[Razz]

quote:

quote:

quote:

[big Grin]
Bullshit.
[Mad]

WRONG Tudedude!

The 1954 Thunderbird was a 650cc roadbike built by Triumph. Marlon Brando rode one in the "Wild Bunch"

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

quote:

quote:

quote:

[big Grin]
Bullshit.
[Mad]

WRONG Tudedude!

The 1954 Thunderbird was a 650cc roadbike built by Triumph. Marlon Brando rode one in the "Wild Bunch"

Yes, yes, clever boy.

And I'm sure you're proud of that '54 Thunderbird in your wine cellar, too.

[ 05-06-2002, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Attitude ]

quote:

Originally posted by Country Jake:

Yeh and he may have even used his cock in place of a peice of gear to but I never heard of it...
[Wink]

Dont you mean "used his big balls and ran it out like a well hung man".

quote:

Dont you mean "used his big balls and ran it out like a well hung man".

What ever... I just mean if it's in his book then where can i get it so i can see for myself witch routs he climbed... if not I'm just assuming that he might as well have fallen on those bill balls and riped them off...

quote:

Originally posted by Country Jake:

[

Dru do you even have any Idea where I'm talking about....[/QB]

Dude, No one knows where you are talking about.. Thats the beauty of your position. You can B.S. and no one can realy call you on it. All I know is that every time i hike arround thinking I might want to climb something it ends up being CHOSS. Maybe you should write a guide book or SOMETHING. I can suggest an editor... [Razz]

Ok, SK since your from F@#%ing OR.... Oakridge, 2 or three miles east of oakridge on 58 look up to your left... that is heckltooth f@$%ing mountain... and just below it there sits Baby rock, if you want to check on me it is on a topo map too... there is a trail that runs around the side of the mountain and to the crag.... go up and check it out if you think you got the ovaries for it....

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

quote:

quote:

quote:

[big Grin]
Bullshit.
[Mad]

WRONG Tudedude!

Yes, yes, clever boy.

And I'm sure you're proud of that '54 Thunderbird in your wine cellar, too.

Translation: Ah, yes. I can see that my assumption was ill-conceived and that there could have been a '54 Thunderbird flattened by that large, dislodged boulder. However, I am going to make a lame attempt to defray the embarassment I feel by making another ill-conceived assumption about the drink of choice of the person who so pointedly rejected my original assumption.