The Chorizo Curtain

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How kind of you to offer to handle my "beef curtain".
...with a special marinade

Both parties are good at finding ways to spend (waste, squander) our money.

Shit, I'm going to have to agree again. What the fuck is happening to me?

The GOP, however, has really outdone the Dems in recent years. +200B (end of Clinton) to -400B (Now) deficit in 6 years. Way to go, Party of Reagan.

Oh my god, I edited again.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

If both parties simultaneously have some power (Republican Executive, Democratic congressional) then that is a good recipe for a more lean government.

Funny how in capitalism it always comes down to competition being necessary to prevent excesses.

If both parties simultaneously have some power (Republican Executive, Democratic congressional) then that is a good recipe for a more lean government.

Denying the defense department their blank check would be a good recipe for leaner government. Ending farm subsidies would be a tasty starter. And what the fuck is up with that prescription drug program?

What you say used to be true...until the GOP went crazy with the national credit card. I would say as calcified, corrupt, and spend happy as the GOP has become, the Dems, being a party of unmolded silly puddy, have a better chance of bringing about reform, budget or otherwise. And God, if I hear the word 'God' one more time I'm gonna Goddamn puke.

At this point, the devil you don't know is better than the devil you know.

Funny how in capitalism it always comes down to competition being necessary to prevent excesses.

That only worked under Clinton/Rep congress.

Under Bush 41 and Reagan, there was shared power and deficits. And taxes were raised then too, BTW (Reagan cut, then raised taxes later, and we all remember "read my lips").

-- S