Trip Report Index Feedback

gapertimmy

Fellow friends of spray-

I'm in the process of giving the Trip Report system a bit of an overhaul. As such, I'm looking for feedback on the system... specifically how it could be improved, or other hot sexy features you'd like to see in your favorite venue of online armchair-digital-climbing voyeurism.

TIA for any ideas.

timmy wave.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, i'm looking into that right now (fixing the pictures), but on the new board only.

Layton: it may be possible via some automated fashion to scrape in some of the old TRs (looks like the TR function go added around Jan. 04?). we'll add that to the list of things to consider doing. I agree if we have content there, it would be nice to have it available to the TR Index.

So what is the best way to get old TRs into the TR index or (in my case) TRs that are from Idaho and Montana that need to be moved? Send a PM with links? Bump them? Post links here?

What if we find old relevant threads that should be moved to the Idaho or Montana threads? Bump them up?

anyway we can go back to old trip reports (pre-trip report index) and make em a [TR] type post so they get indexed?

I had a function for moderators to do this, but would be happy to open it up to others if they want to help build the index by tagging old TR's. I'll add it back into the new upgrade we are doing, and put a post out for volunteers to help index the old posts

here are some links to old tr's i dug up

I could only search 4 years back, so i guess the rest before early 2003 are lost forever cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

cutthroat peak east face couloir TR

Bear DNB TR

clean break TR

vienesse peak derektissima TR

carlos rossi memorial tower tr minuteman east face tr

cloud tower redrocks tr

the fox, redrocks TR

resolution arete redrocks tr

big four spindrift couloir TR

Zero Gully TR

Big 4 and The Fox TR