• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
MarkAllen

first ascent [TR] WA Pass: South Early Winter Spire- F.A. Mojo Rising III 5.11 A1 10/14/2006

it was the golden rock area with some nice looking corners. second pitch would have been an overhanging corner. the first one was a crack, that looked like butt cheecks (no positive jams either). felt like some sort of 5.12. it's hard to judge these pitches while your feet skate every move.

anyway Brian- i'd like to ask you to change in the approach description the distance from the notch. it's like few hundred yards rather then couple hundred of feet.

Bob- Looking at what I wrote: "300' of downclimbing", I see the problem. What I meant was 300' loss of elevation, rather than 300' of travel. I will make the correction (and a photo should help considerably). I did include a locator diagram that indicated that you had to descend the step below the middle of the face, but it was a small picture.

On the other hand, maybe you just couldn't resist jumping on the first "butt cheeecks" you came across?

Mark- great trip report as usual. Looks like some great climbing and I look forward to checking it out next season. It was great to see you guys up there all enthused'n stuff. Almost as good as our FB sighting.

Mark- great trip report as usual. Looks like some great climbing and I look forward to checking it out next season. It was great to see you guys up there all enthused'n stuff. Almost as good as our FB sighting.

Was FB laying in the trail/panting and calling for any available girls?

A coworker of mine ran into him awhile back and described the encounter just like that.

Mark is the king of enthusiasm. bigdrink.gif

Graham Zimmerman and I established a direct start to this route, taking the cracks just left of the original bolted/aid start. This variation joins the route beneath the *** 5.9 finger crack which initially attracted the FA team. Like all routes in the area, it will benefit from more traffic to keep it clean. Climbed this way, the route is similar in character/length/difficulty to the nearby West face of NEWS.

Free_Mojo_Topo.png