What's the purpose of the random-word spams?

chucK

You guys must get these random-word spams don't you. Emails filled with random prose. Weird stuff, must be created by programs sampling from books, letters, etc..

Example:

Baca, I erroneously stated that the plaintiff was stopped by the LAPD. This issue ought to go to the United States Supreme Court.
Even the Daily Show got it wrong. Trial counsel must be sure to adequately preserve objections to shackling for appellate review.
Baca, I erroneously stated that the plaintiff was stopped by the LAPD.
Was the omelet was asking for it?

What do the creators of these random-word spams get out of this?

There's no attachments involved (that I can tell), no links to download viruses, no ads.

Am I missing something? confused.gif What's the purpose?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Wired.Com: Random Acts Of Spamness

"The addition of seemingly nonsensical words is aimed at confusing the antispam filters that incorporate Bayesian analysis techniques, such as SpamBayes and SpamAssassin. These filters examine incoming e-mail messages and calculate the probability of it being spam based on each message's contents.

But unlike simple content filters that simply troll text looking for specific words like Nigeria, money and opt, Bayesian spam filters evolve according to each user's needs, analyzing all mail to determine what words and phrases are apt to appear in a user's legitimate e-mail and which are not. This process is called training, and results in a highly personalized and efficient filtering system.

By throwing a hundred or so random words rarely used in sales spiels into each e-mail missive, spammers hope to thwart Bayesian filters by making the spam appear to be personal correspondence. Incorporating words that might be used in legitimate e-mails is also intended to poison the checklist the filter uses, forcing it to mark, for example, e-mails with somewhat common words like Amazon and fish as spam indicators."

anticyclone awestricken barrister,

chronometer dilapidated,

electricity epistles fairing multifarious outgrowth -

prying...

realize sagittiform sharif squibs?

Titbit.

unlawful trivet, welladvised wrestler...

Abduce depredator,

embryotic & enchanting extrication

Fixtures inhabited by lacteous manicure wink.gif

Overbear packing palinody 4 podiatrist

Procurement tesserae, & tiara unfailing, unreserved

Vorstellung weetless.