killing footage

glassgowkiss

http://www.protv.ro/filme/exclusive-foot...grims.html#4265

this is a link to actual footage of chinese soldiers killing pilgrims. i don't think people actually hit by bullets had a good time dying in the snow. and we should look at facts that by relocating factories to china are endorsing such practices. we are endorsing it since we are funding it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta agree with you on this one. Our hopes that the communist chinese government would change its ways with the carrot of free trade and openess are failing. In the past, I've linked to some disgusting photos of the PLA executing a group of Tibetans - including a woman. No doubt they harvested her organs and sold them. But what can we do? Walmart's store rooms (and REI's!) are full of beige boxes that all say "Made in China", and neither Republicans OR Democrats are interested in changing the status quo. The west should have seen the folly of it's engagement policy at Tianenman Square, but for now I guess it is business as usual. Sad. I truly believe disengagement would hurt China more than us. There are plenty of places we could do business and not help fund a totalitarian government that does this sort of bullshit. Additionally, I believe we are helping to fund our own demise.

BTW: I salute those Romanian(?) climbers who provided sanctuary at risk to themselves. Well done.

Edited by Fairweather

"But what can we do?" simply ask a question in the store- is it made in china? if the ansfer is yes don't buy it. as an example-Alpinist- they just relocating their printing to china. i was going to subscribe it but at this moment i don't think i am going to do. as fat as buying gear- plenty of cheap options here. take technical clothing- www.montano.pl. better quality then Patagonia, Mountain Hardware or North Face. and produced in poland, not in china. take harnesses- you can buy Singing Rock or Rock Empire- produced in Czech Republic. Polititians are not going to do it for us- we have to do it. maybe we can make a list of climbing gear not produced in china. how about buying from wild things not from north face. by buying from china we are digging our graves. china is NOT a democratic country, never was never will be. i for one will start looking more carefully into whom am i giving my $$$ to!

Sadly, I don't have any illusions that this will make a real difference. I would suggest something subversive such as encouraging others especially Chinese to use Torpark,an anonymous, fully portable Web browser based on Mozilla Firefox (http://www.hacktivismo.com/). The Great Firewall of China can't keep out exposure to and engagement with the world via the Internet.

Perhaps, if change is gonna happen, it's gonna happen from within.

Nothing we can do is going to stop the Chinese f**ing with the Tibetans. I was there; the Chinese are the world's worst environmental stewards, period, and that's 1/2 our fault 1/2 theirs. The Chinese who are sent to Tibet are soldiers, Communist Party functionaries and riff-raff from the rest of China (Tibet is considered a backwater and the government has to pay people to move there) ie not the most enlightened of the general population.

The good news? The Chinese economy, like that of the U.S. and Canada, is utterly dependent on oil, the production of which has probably peaked. As oil production declines, life is going to get harder and harder for the Chinese. Tibet-- which has been raped of its natural resources, mostly forests, freshwater and some agricultural land in the East, and some minerals-- is going to be low on their list of problems to deal with once the sh*t hits the fan. The Chinese who live in and around Lhasa live in an economy which is heavily subsidised by the State and by oil. They eat food which is imported or grown in heated greenhouses, they drive cars, and their culture is TV watching.

The Tibetans, on the other hand, live more-or-less sustainably, eating yak products, barley, and root vegetables, and having had the luck of having Buddhist anti-materialist philosophy pounded into their heads, making them somewhat less acquisitive than their Chinese feudal lords. As life gets tougher, they will be able to live on the land, while the Chinese are going to find that their tacky CK knockoffs, fake Rolexes, cell phones and expensive imported vegetables are no longer part of a functional way of life.

The Dalai Lama, pace Moses, might not live to see it, but his kingdom is going to be OK, though worse for CHinese wear. The Chinese, on the other hand, are f**ked.

Quite disappointing indeed .. certainly something to keep in mind the next time you make a purchase ... It drives my wife nuts when she mentions something she is thinking about buying ... first thing I ask ... " is it made in China?"

One thing that I particularly find disappointing about BD, with their new factory in China, is that the mere presence of the factory seems in direct conflict with their own "Vendor Code of Conduct" particularly when is comes to discrimination based on religious and political beliefs.

Vendor Code of Conduct

Americans are killing Iraqi and Afghanistani civilians. So have Canadians, British, and Polish. Should I stop buying everything American too?

Fact is, improving the economic standard of living in a country encourages more revolution and change than economic sanctions. Visiting a country does more to show opportunity to a suppressed culture than staying away. Sanctions and closed borders haven't done a bit of good for North Korean or Iranian farmers.

I've been to China - I can tell you about the racism I witnessed against minorities and how the education system makes no mention of Tianamin Square uprising, and has effectively eliminated it from the cultural history of a nation. I can tell you about how many people I saw practicing their faiths openly - even though it eliminates them from becoming a member of the Communist Party (avowed atheism is a requirement), and therefore unable to get a government job (the biggest employer in China). I can tell you about the damage I saw first-hand as the Chinese goverment builds as many dams as it can to create hydro-electric power and flood control.

And I can tell you about the Muslim noodle restaurant I went to, almost daily, in Chengdu, sometimes just to have a cup of tea and watch the owner make noodles by hand for each order. The conversations I had with the owner's son in pidgin english, who was going to university to become a doctor. The friendly assistance of the Sichuan Mountaineering Association office. And the generosity of the ethnic tibetan family I stayed with in Siguniang National Park, and how my partner helped their daughter with her english lessons when she was home for the weekend from school. I can tell you that my computer was manufactured somewhere in China, and that someone is able to send their child to school because they work in that factory.

So I'm taking Mandarin lessons this winter. And I won't give the Chinese goverment one more penny than I absolutely must - so that eliminates any trips that I have to work with the China Mountaineering Association, since they're just an element of the Army. I'll help support the noodle restaurant, Mr. Ma, and Mr. Wong in Siguniang National Park with my business. And their families. I'll tell everyone about the incredible diversity that is in China - both good and bad. I already participate in the call for Tibetan autonomy. Now I'll also speak up for the rest of China too.

So I'm going back to China.

Edited by mtnfreak

The good news? The Chinese economy, like that of the U.S. and Canada, is utterly dependent on oil, the production of which has probably peaked. As oil production declines, life is going to get harder and harder for the Chinese.

Is this good news or not? What will the Chinese government do when they start running out of oil? frown.gif

The good news? The Chinese economy, like that of the U.S. and Canada, is utterly dependent on oil, the production of which has probably peaked. As oil production declines, life is going to get harder and harder for the Chinese.

They will switch to coal which they have lots of including that imported from OZ

Is this good news or not? What will the Chinese government do when they start running out of oil? frown.gif

frown.gif

They could start looking across the border at Russia, which has huge quantities of untapped resources, and that could get real ugly, real quick.

Maybe they'll fire up some more fusion reactors... they started up the first one two weeks ago. But it didn't get much press in the US. Too much Republican page sex scandal going on.

KK: You mean by moral relativism, that when Chinese soldiers kill an unamed Tibetan refugee, it's wrong because the Chinese are "bad guys" but when US soldiers kill an unarmed Iraqi, it's OK because the US soldiers are "good guys"? That kind of moral relativism?

Maybe they'll fire up some more fusion reactors... they started up the first one two weeks ago. But it didn't get much press in the US. Too much Republican page sex scandal going on.

KK: You mean by moral relativism, that when Chinese soldiers kill an unamed Tibetan refugee, it's wrong because the Chinese are "bad guys" but when US soldiers kill an unarmed Iraqi, it's OK because the US soldiers are "good guys"? That kind of moral relativism?

Genocide and collatoral damage are two very different things - as you damn well know.

Then again, with all the weed you smoke, you might not know that.

fuck this world is going, going....going.....

thanks for the link, druL

nice mentioning of this beast too: "China is a partner in the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) project, a 500-megawatt experimental reactor to be built in southern France.

The European Union, Japan, South Korea, Russia, the United States and India are also involved in the project, which will seek to mimic the way the sun produces energy." yikes!! hellno3d.gif

Genocide and collatoral damage are two very different things - as you damn well know.

Edited by jordop

Ah yes. Canada. The geopolitical eunuch that never tires of applauding its own chastity.

The fact that you guys can't distinguish between physical and moral equivalence is one of the more telling signs that your country essentially gave up any pretence of playing a serious role in world affairs. Better get rid of that Harper guy while you can lest things change.

KK is just expressing what Chuck D said in a different way:

"A * kills a white man. That's murder one. A white man kills a *. That's self-defence. A * kills a *. That's just another dead *."

If an American kills an Iraqi, that's good, but if a Chinese kills a Tibetan, it's bad. And if an Iraqi kills an Iraqi, well, that's just the way it goes.

See above.

Jesus Christ. Now we've got white guys in one of the whitest nations in the world Channeling ChuckD to make their points.

Maybe you should have that fear_and_greed guy come over and beat box behind you while you record the video for consumption on you-tube.