RIP- Bozeman Climber - Jason Lane.

Lambone

On Friday night my friend and partner Jason Lane was killed in a car accident on his way home from 4 corners.

I don't know if anyone here knew him but he was a stand up guy and one of the best climbing partners I ever had the chance to rope up with. He will be missed.

Jason lived his dreams. He was in love with all things wild and untammed. He told me the only place he loved more then Montana was Alaska. He climbed big peaks in South America, the Hymilaya, and the Alaska range. He was a mountain guide and entrepreneur.

We learned to ice climb togther. We climbed El Capitan for our first trip up the big stone. And traveled to Nepal tohether for our first climbing trip outside of the States.

All he'd want is for us to tilt a cold one back for him. bigdrink.gifcheers bro

RIP cry.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I climbed with J for several years while in Bozeman and have never been able to re-create the amazing partnership I had with him on the end of a rope. I took several international trips with him and learned most of what I know today about climbing from him. He is dearly missed and thought of often.

I think he is probably soloing Pumori about now with a big smile on his face, drinking Mt. Everest whiskey and smoking one at altitude...

Enshala