old route at baker rocks?

Sol

While wandering around baker rocks i came across an old route that although it is quite dirty, looks kinda fun. if you walk right (east) from the pumphouse you first go past some bolts and a fixed line on a project, then you pass the overgrown 2 pitch route learning to fly, next, you'll pass a red tagged 3 bolt project, then finally a few hundred feet from the pumphouse there is a steep blocky route that climbs out of a cave. its pretty dirty, my geuss is mid 11-ish. its not in henrie's book, anyone know anything about this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know too much about this, other than working and climbing it years ago (around 2001). I would say that mid 11-ish is way off, for in my opinion it was a fair bit harder than Shorty, Superbadest, etc...

I remember it being rather straight forward to a cruxy move. Is Baker/Pumphouse seeing traffic these days? Pretty fun little crag ...

Don't know too much about this, other than working and climbing it years ago (around 2001). I would say that mid 11-ish is way off, for in my opinion it was a fair bit harder than Shorty, Superbadest, etc...

I remember it being rather straight forward to a cruxy move. Is Baker/Pumphouse seeing traffic these days? Pretty fun little crag ...

thanks for the info ryan. there's a handful of us keeping the cobwebbs off the routes at the pumphouse. bolts have been replaced at the crux's of go go and superbad. a second pitch has been added to jungle boogie that goes at 10d/11a. and a few more boulders have been scrubbed. also, the project on the right side of Shuksan crag was bolted and climbed: Weapons of Mass Destruction 5.11c. maybe i'm crazy but shorty seems a lot easier than superbad?

bigdrink.gif,

sol

Jungle Boogie is the route at the far left end of the cliff, the easier 5.10.

I definetly have not unlocked the pinch, I actually feel like i've regressed on it in the last 6 months, even though i'm a lot stronger. madgo_ron.gif

that's the fun thing about projects though...one of these days.