HOOD This weekend?

Arc

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

advice you can feel free to say fuck-all to: wait a month or 2 for your first hood climb - this is the shitiest time for a hood climb. you want to wait for some snow or at least some ice to form. you want to come to the smith tuff love fest and drink beer and climb hung-over and spew thought-hate at hot chicks who can climb 5 grades above you. hood is for the winter months. october is for high-octane beer and forgetable-sex amidst cow-skulls and quads.

Jesus....Didn't know it entailed all this......Damn!

Well, how about this.......Don't wanna miss apart though.........Forget it, don't know what do do now, or who to bring...

.....I don't know who to invite.....Yes I do........OHhh!...... But she won't come with me......

you don't come attached fer tuff-love fool! that'd be too easy - ye wait till 3 a.m. after all the girls are away w/ their strong men then you have sex w/ the deer carcass the 'necks so generously left

:vomit:

you need a ride gimme a pm - i'll splurge fer gas money to watch a peta-sized travesty smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

probably a good weekend to dick 'round the n side of the mtn, but i wouldn't have my heart on the summit

looking for someone to crag w/ at beacon on saturday if you can keep your ambitions closer to terra firma till the lords of hoar-frost have bequethed their bounty upon us

The lords of hoar-frost loathe me my friend, and the gods of terra firma and I aren't friends.

Thanks for the offer, but I believe I am going to pay tribute to the six pilsner lords which reside in my ice box this weekend then..........Savvy?

I just made it up to my bathroom every 10 minutes 'cause I was pounding away the brew....That's the honest truth man...lol

Sorta depressing weather here, just ordered a pair of Ti Dynafits to cheer myself up, they should be here tomorrow, mount em' on some Sahale planks asap, perhaps that will make me smile then.

Camped by the S route climbing trail last Sat at 9,600', heard a steady stream of rockfall until after dark. Sunday walked around Crater Rock to the Hogsback, good cramponing practice. The area left of the chutes looked OK but rising temps and renewed rockfall (microwave-sized boulders bouncing down from CR across the trail) saw this newbie running away to safer slopes. Maybe next month?

Pic finally posted as attachment.

612883-HogsbackOct06.jpg.c238748ce2842b0300c39399525de7ac.jpg

Edited by badbill

Ditto that.

Bundled up and took the wife, kids and a friend up yesterday to walk a couple miles of the trail from the Lodge north in the 'snow'. Downright nasty. Icy, gusty wind, just a few inches of windblown snow and these tiny ice pellets sandblasting your face. We didn't get far cause our friend was fearful of sliding off the trail where the wind depostied snow was deeper. cry.gif

Decided to check out the fireplace in the old lodge instead cool.gif

Saw a guy slowly slide down the hill in the wind on the ice in the parking lot quite a ways little by little until a lodge employee came over and grabbed him. Geek_em8.gif

I was up camping at 8500 on cooper spur. Saturday night started really calm but then the wind picked up. Didn't get much sleep but was sort of amused with the new sierra designs tent I purchased. The tent walls kept collasping and then fixing themselves. It was all fun and games till about 1:00 when the tent was actually picked up and started blowing down a snow slope with myself and my dog in it. It was fun trying to self arrest in a sleeping bag in a tent. Luckily one of the lines held and kept us from going down to far. The stakes and such were anchored with huge rocks so they didn't go anywhere it was actually the loops connecting the stakes and lines to the tent that ripped. Never seen anything like that before. So much for the new 4 season tent looks like I'll being returning that to rei. Unfortunately my pack was blown off the side of the mountain and never seen again so I had to pack all the gear into my sleeping mat and carry it like a sherpa. Really windy up there that night.

we went up to cooper spur sunday morning to try to get some ice climbin in on the eliot. as soon as we broke the tree line i knew it wasnt going to be fun.

i would bet the gusts were at least 50mph. i weigh 200lbs and with a 50 pound pack on when it would blow it was all i could do to stay standing. the further up we went the worse it got until finially my better half took a pretty good digger and i got smacked in the face with my helmet that was hanging on my pack, we decided to head to full sail for some pints.

i hope the road stays open for a little while longer, i would like to get back up there again before the snow starts.